PEBACiv - Game 4

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

Re: PEBACiv - Game 4

#76 Post by Jason »

Our (America) negotiations with the Germans felt like the Cuban Missle Crisis. We backed some units back as they did, and we made a few deals as "acts of good faith."

For a short time though, I had a feeling Germany may attack us. It should be known that our military is VASTLY improved over previous decades.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#77 Post by John »

Nutmeggers wrote:Something about the banter in this thread has me thoroughly looking forward to Diplomacy.
You have no idea. This group rocks. ;-D
Cyclones wrote:Our (America) negotiations with the Germans felt like the Cuban Missle Crisis. We backed some units back as they did, and we made a few deals as "acts of good faith."

For a short time though, I had a feeling Germany may attack us. It should be known that our military is VASTLY improved over previous decades.
Though we've earned some mistrust, the Germans were being sincere when they stated they intend no attacks upon America. We are watching our Roman neighbors quite closely, though. They better not try anything... :shake:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#78 Post by Bill »

Hitmen wrote:
Bureaucrats wrote:You make us out to be slobbering barbarians! Siam is proud to be the most literate nation in the Islandverse! :shake:
With the banana peels littering our fine Roman borders, should I think otherwise? I have heard Siam even has taken a liking to brains in the fashion of their banana brethren the Aztecs! Brains and bananas! You people are sick! :-P

To: Lord Montezuma
Re: new recipe

Dear Exalted One,
I found this new delicacy in the New World and found it to be delightful. Try it at your next Tribal Council.

Brains Flambé
2c organic Banana Mtn bananas
3c Roman brain matter, diced (American brain will do in a pinch)
1c Aztec burgundy (1490 was a great year!)
1tbsp EVOO
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Over a coal fire, sauté bananas, onion, and brains in Aztec aluminum pan until carmelized, about 5 mins. Add burgundy and light ablaze until alcohol burns off. Serve immediately with ice cream or pound cake.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#79 Post by John »

Warriors wrote:To: Lord Montezuma
Re: new recipe

Dear Exalted One,
I found this new delicacy in the New World and found it to be delightful. Try it at your next Tribal Council.

Brains Flambé
2c organic Banana Mtn bananas
3c Roman brain matter, diced (American brain will do in a pinch)
1c Aztec burgundy (1490 was a great year!)
1tbsp EVOO
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Over a coal fire, sauté bananas, onion, and brains in Aztec aluminum pan until carmelized, about 5 mins. Add burgundy and light ablaze until alcohol burns off. Serve immediately with ice cream or pound cake.
Don't listen to him. That's utterly barbaric. This recipe clearly needs to be served with a fruity sorbet, not ice cream. Also, Roman brain matter is too sparse and mealy for my tastes. Now if you happen to have Persian brain matter on ice, good on you for planning ahead! That's the good stuff.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#80 Post by Hitmen »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:Don't listen to him. That's utterly barbaric. This recipe clearly needs to be served with a fruity sorbet, not ice cream. Also, Roman brain matter is too sparse and mealy for my tastes. Now if you happen to have Persian brain matter on ice, good on you for planning ahead! That's the good stuff.
And you guys wonder why my borders are watched night and day with no rest. SAVAGES! All of you!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#81 Post by John »

There will be no PEBACiv sessions during the week of 3/20!
Geez, how could I forget that we're coming up on Free Agent Frenzy Week? With sims every night at 8 p.m. ET, I won't be able to host PEBACiv sessions this week. My imminent demise will have to wait one more week. ;)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#82 Post by Bill »

I just remembered I couldn't play on Thursday anyway, so that works out.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#83 Post by John »

A reminder that we'll be resuming our PEBACiv sessions tomorrow night at 8 p.m. ET. Be there to watch Germany get obliterated from the face of history!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#84 Post by Hitmen »

Looking forward to starting it up again. I am currently playing a small map on marathon pace... holy cow this thing truly drags on and on. To make things harder I am trying to kill everyone.
Michael Czosnyka

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#85 Post by John »

Hitmen wrote:Looking forward to starting it up again. I am currently playing a small map on marathon pace... holy cow this thing truly drags on and on. To make things harder I am trying to kill everyone.
I always thought not killing everyone made it harder! :P
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#86 Post by Lions »

I tried a game on marathon pace and hated it. I can only wait so long for a new tech or unit to be built before I start pulling my hair out. It does make each thing you've completed far more valuable, though.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#87 Post by Hitmen »

Nutmeggers wrote:I tried a game on marathon pace and hated it. I can only wait so long for a new tech or unit to be built before I start pulling my hair out. It does make each thing you've completed far more valuable, though.
Yeah it is insane having to wait 60-100 turns for a building to complete. Every unit you build is like your whole life. You lose one warrior early game and it sets you back so far, especially if you are running with raging barbarians. The nice thing is, if you play super safe and smart, I still have units from the start of the game. My army is so leveled up that they have easily 10+ stat bonuses each. Although surprisingly enough, later game when your town gets beefy enough I can build buildings within 20-30 turns in my big towns.
PEBA Commissioner wrote:I always thought not killing everyone made it harder! :P
That can be the case in some games, and I will agree later game it has become a whole lot easier. Early game however, killing that 1st or 2nd civilization was not easy.
Michael Czosnyka

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#88 Post by DanD »

Bad news: I'm not going to be able to start at 8 on Thursday. My wife's family is celebrating her grandmother's birthday and I suppose I should go :-B

I'll be back by 9 if we wanted to postpone like we did the other week.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#89 Post by Bill »

I'm fine with starting at 9pm. Maybe we can fix Jason from 8-9 if need be.
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#90 Post by Jason »

Still no luck on my end. I uninstalled the program yesterday and will try to reinstall today or tomorrow. I am not holding my breath - this computer is truly pissing me off!

Jason
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”