PEBACiv - Game 4

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: PEBACiv - Game 4

#61 Post by Bill »

Cyclones wrote:...(which we all knew they defected the second they made peace with Bill & the Aztecs)...
heh...I guess that wasn't the best tactical move, huh? (D'oh!) Seemed like there was a reason for it, but now I don't remember what it was.

Well, at least your intelligence networks were working...maybe I need to work on my secret message coding techniques.
Jim

#62 Post by Jim »

I don't mind being attacked, it's part of the game. I was in the process of upgrading my military and was going about it just a little too slowly. I suspected that I would be the first target, because there was a large chunk of uninhabited desert near our empire. That desert turned out to be the perfect beachhead. And as far as turn-coats, that's part of the game too. How boring if we all just got along (in a game at least). I really enjoyed this game even though I made an early exit. This was the first game that I felt I had a chance to come out on top. The Persian bonuses were about to begin as I was building Satrap's courts in my cities. Just never came to fruition.
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#63 Post by Jason »

John - As of right now, I have an appointment at 7pm. Therefore, I would anticipate that I would be about an hour late to our session (9pm). However, these clients have been awfully flakey and I would not be surprised if they cancel sometime during the day.

I will keep you posted if they do. If not, is it okay if we plan to start a little later?

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by DanD »

Any verdict on the start time yet?
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#65 Post by John »

Bureaucrats wrote:Any verdict on the start time yet?
We're going to do 9 p.m. ET. I'll be sending out invites a little before that time.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#66 Post by Jason »

Just wrapped up my meeting. I should be ready by 8:55pm.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#67 Post by John »

An eerily uneventful night. We started an hour late and went an extra 30 minutes to compensate. The only military action occurred right at the end of the session, when America finally succumbed to the temptation to conquer Helsinki, the little city-state which had become wedged between three American towns. Helsinki had been an ally of the Persians, but with them gone, there was no one to stand up for them.

In lieu of combat, civilizations took the opportunity to build up their infrastructure. There was even an olive branch exchanged between America and Germany in the form of some trading and a joint research agreement. Rome hurled some insults, the most hurtful of which being when they called the German people "smelly" (true, but still mean). Eventually, Rome settled down. The question is, will that last?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#68 Post by Bill »

All hail Banana Mountain....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#69 Post by DanD »

I prefer the Siamase version: Mysterious
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by Hitmen »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:
An eerily uneventful night. We started an hour late and went an extra 30 minutes to compensate. The only military action occurred right at the end of the session, when America finally succumbed to the temptation to conquer Helsinki, the little city-state which had become wedged between three American towns. Helsinki had been an ally of the Persians, but with them gone, there was no one to stand up for them.

In lieu of combat, civilizations took the opportunity to build up their infrastructure. There was even an olive branch exchanged between America and Germany in the form of some trading and a joint research agreement. Rome hurled some insults, the most hurtful of which being when they called the German people "smelly" (true, but still mean). Eventually, Rome settled down. The question is, will that last?
I honestly expected the banana monsters to run straight into combat. The armies are always hovering and always will be, so I am ready for anything. I expect no peace and will give none, but I am not rushing to my death either. I do still expect blood to spill before long though as traitors and war-mongers can not be forgiven for the genocide of the great Persian empire, our former neighbors.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#71 Post by DanD »

You make us out to be slobbering barbarians! Siam is proud to be the most literate nation in the Islandverse! :shake:
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Hitmen »

Bureaucrats wrote:You make us out to be slobbering barbarians! Siam is proud to be the most literate nation in the Islandverse! :shake:
With the banana peels littering our fine Roman borders, should I think otherwise? I have heard Siam even has taken a liking to brains in the fashion of their banana brethren the Aztecs! Brains and bananas! You people are sick! :-P
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Bill »

Dear Caesar,

mmmm......brains.......

Signed,
Montezuma of the Banana Island Jungle People
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#74 Post by Lions »

Something about the banter in this thread has me thoroughly looking forward to Diplomacy.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#75 Post by DanD »

Hitmen wrote:
Bureaucrats wrote: I have heard Siam even has taken a liking to brains in the fashion of their banana brethren the Aztecs! Brains and bananas! You people are sick! :-P
But it is a dignified brain absorption process. How do you think we became so literate? }:-)
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”