CC Sabathia

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#16 Post by Tyler »

Sandgnats wrote:Coal Sox - I am sorry I am late to reply. Is Cleveland really charging $7? Wow! That is a good deal. The Cubs are getting $45 for a bench seat in the bleachers. Two years ago I visited relatives in California and paid $300 to get my family of 5 into Petco.
I haven't looked into ticket prices for this year, but I know they did raise them (which is pretty reasonable of them to do). But what I do know is that last year you could get a seat in the upper deck out in right field for $7. Bleacher seats were $14 last year, which isn't bad at all. Of course field box is $45 or something, but I'm happy with the view from anywhere in the park.

If you have a student ID (which I do :D ) you can get in to select games for half-price for select seats - it boils down to $5 to sit along the first-base line in the upper deck, which is probably about the best deal I've ever heard of. That's where I was sitting last year during the triple play game. 8)
Badgers

#17 Post by Badgers »

If I want to go see baseball I have to go to Fenway. Tickets sell out too fast, and the resale value on them is marked up way too much. It is also not as fun going to Fenway when I cannot cheer without being heckled by some drunk idiot. Last year some Tribe fan was in front of me and he was drunk making an ass of himself. I felt like an ass just cause I was wearing my Hafner shirt.
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#18 Post by Apollos »

I don't know if the White Sox still do this but they use to have 1/2 off on Monday.
Badgers

#19 Post by Badgers »

Sandgnats wrote:I don't know if the White Sox still do this but they use to have 1/2 off on Monday.
Wouldn't pay to see them any other way. :shock: :shock: :grin:
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#20 Post by Apollos »

I am fortunate because I have multiple choices around me. Within an hour and a half I can go Brewers, Cubs, or White Sox. St Louis is 5 hours away and I will try to catch games their too if we are vacationing in the area. It's tough on $ though if my whole family is going to attend.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#21 Post by Coqui »

I took my mom, two of my brothers and my wife to an Indians game for $25 two years ago. Last year I got four tickets for $20. A trip to Cleveland and an Indians game might be cheaper than just attending a game some places.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Ghosts »

CC is going to struggle this year. Bad karma.

WINTER HAVEN, FLA. -- In an intra-squad game Tuesday where pitch counts dictated the length of innings instead of outs, Masa Kobayashi and Rafael Perez pitched well and C.C. Sabathia labored.

Brad Snyder, the first man Sabathia faced, hit a homer. Sabathia, throwing a lot of off-speed pitches, didn't struggle again until his last inning. He loaded the bases on two walks and a single past third before Jamey Carroll hit a two-run double.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Tyler »

Bears wrote:CC is going to struggle this year. Bad karma.

WINTER HAVEN, FLA. -- In an intra-squad game Tuesday where pitch counts dictated the length of innings instead of outs, Masa Kobayashi and Rafael Perez pitched well and C.C. Sabathia labored.

Brad Snyder, the first man Sabathia faced, hit a homer. Sabathia, throwing a lot of off-speed pitches, didn't struggle again until his last inning. He loaded the bases on two walks and a single past third before Jamey Carroll hit a two-run double.
I don't get what you're trying to say. Are you attempting to reverse-jinx him?
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#24 Post by Ghosts »

I am not shrewd or crafty enough to attempt a reverse-jinx.

I was simply pointing out the fact that he struggled against a few mediocre hitter in Snyder and Carroll and that his greed may cause some bad karma for him.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#25 Post by Tyler »

Eh, intrasquad games mean nothing. Spring training itself means either virtually nothing or nothing. Remember last year when Grady couldn't get a hit in spring to save his life? I think he turned out all right. 8)
Matt
VIP
VIP

#26 Post by Matt »

Spring training means nothing, a little early to panic on CC. I watched Randy Johnson one spring during his prime, his era was up in the upper teens, like 18 point something. Beat around in every start. Everyone was wondering what was wrong, fans were in a panic. Season started and he was lights out.
The only thing to watch for in the spring is injuries. Now if CC struggles for the first month of the regular season, then we can talk about his karma.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#27 Post by Ghosts »

I completely agree with you guys that spring training is meaningless. I don't care if the Indians lose every game. The scores don't matter. However, they actually do matter a little for a 300 pound guy who is the fattest guy in baseball. Conditioning is the issue. Randy Johnson is 6-10 230. CC is 6-7 300.

As for karma, I don't really believe in that but I do believe that contracts effect performance. Both good and bad effects. Look all they guys that produced in their contract years or Pronk last year. I think CC is greedy and it might effect him good or bad.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Ghosts »

can we talk about karma yet?
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by Tyler »

Only if you also use it as a reason why Cliff Lee is doing so well.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Ghosts »

Bears wrote:can we talk about karma yet?
i happen to agree with my esteemed co-owner on the issue of karma and sabathia....

signed,

the (other) poster/owners from the Bears' organization.

ps: as for WVA's lee comment...i'm should just let sleeping kittens lie. but, man i hope you're right.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”