Talking Trends - Team Blog (short thoughts)

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#16 Post by Denny »

Yep. After this was posted I went back and looked to see what my scouts had thought of Hansen; in four of the five main categories they gave him ratings in the single digits! :shock:

Call me a jerk, but I'm hoping my scouts were ultimately right and Hansen comes crashing back to earth 8)
Jhonny Baseball

#17 Post by Jhonny Baseball »

jerk :D
Last edited by Jhonny Baseball on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Duane »

LOL ... too funny. Were you in a movie? LOL :lol:
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Jhonny Baseball

#19 Post by Jhonny Baseball »

I'm picking out a thermos for youuu...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Denny »

Consarned fourth estate... :-[
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Reg »

haha...with that kind of talk, you would think the codgers are the trendsetters division rivals...but in reality, Hansen probably will crash back down to earth, but all i want him to do is get singles and steal bases and play good defense when he is out there...everything else will take care of itself

post by Trendsetter4life
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Reg »

Todd Hansen will you marry me?

posted by Trendsetterbabe18F
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hansen

#23 Post by John »

Ludicrousness. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Waiting and waiting and waiting...

posted by: Corsairs
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#24 Post by Reg »

Somewhere between Braggart to Trendsetter, Hansen must have hit some kind of mutating super substance, the speedster who was scouted at having just enough power to swat a fly has added two home runs to his .398 bavg and 14 sbs, and 1 marriage proposal in his first 20 PEBA games, Hansen had not hit a homerun in his previous 50 games at OSU and 25 games in AAA ball.

On another note, perhaps picked up by a leadoff hitter who actually got on base, Valdez scorched the ball in July, hitting .356 with 8 home runs and 22 RBIs. Valdez had a slumpy month of June, but July was definately his best so far as a Trendsetter, and if the Trendsetters win the last game of July they will tie thier record for most wins in a month.

posted by needsalife4ever
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#25 Post by Reg »

Just great...we get to see the knew Calzone Pei experience first hand...guess its just as well...it seems as though we have a precarious lead of the division as it is...here's to hoping that Pei is one expensive bust...

loyaltrendsetterfan101
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Reg »

Well July went well for the trendsetters and august seems to be shaping up for a great race to the playoffs...if nothing else it should be exciting...New Orleans went 4 for 6 recently against division oppenents, starting each series with a loss in extra innings and coming back to win the next two games....

Congratulations to Hansen for winning rookie player of the month in July, the last game of July he went 4 for 6 and got his batting average up to .415 for the month...of course over the past week he got as many hits as he struck out...which is pretty amazing...

posted by ytsis
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#27 Post by Reg »

i know that perhaps nobody really cares, but did anyone else noticed that in the A leagure All-star game, our pitchers got snubbed big time. What's the deal? The let on pitcher pitch 3 innings and then used a final pitcher to pitch the last 4....What a jip....

post by Trnsttr34
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Crummy A-ball All-Star management

#28 Post by John »

That's because the NAFTA All-Star Managers weren't nearly as intelligent or handsome as the guy running the show in PEBA. At least, that's what I've heard.

Posted by: Corsairs
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#29 Post by Coqui »

Well they must be quite ghoulish. No, that was a joke. I have noticed that the managers in these minor league all star games seem to go for the win. I support Canton and I know that we crave any win we can get... not that we had any minor league all-stars.

Posted by: fwembt
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Tyler »

Codgers wrote:Yep. After this was posted I went back and looked to see what my scouts had thought of Hansen; in four of the five main categories they gave him ratings in the single digits! :shock:

Call me a jerk, but I'm hoping my scouts were ultimately right and Hansen comes crashing back to earth 8)
My scouts said the same thing - contact off the charts, everything else single digits. It'll be interesting to see what these types of players become. Is Hansen representative or the outlier? :-?

Return to “New Orleans Trendsetters”