Best movies of the 2000s - Yearly Top 5 lists

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Best movies of the 2000s - Yearly Top 5 lists

#31 Post by John »

Crushers wrote:lol your going to hate the new predator lol John
Man, I hope not. Robert Rodriguez's Predators is at the top of my "Please be good, don't ruin my childhood memories" list.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Branda

#32 Post by Mike Branda »

have you seen the trailer for it? they have it up on yahoo or someplace
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#33 Post by John »

Crushers wrote:have you seen the trailer for it? they have it up on yahoo or someplace
Here you go:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8vZwvP57Y[/youtube]

I actually haven't viewed the trailer. I greatly dislike spoiling movies that I'm interested in, so I fastidiously avoid consuming any media for them in the lead-up to their release. All I know is that Predators is the sequel to perhaps the second-greatest sci-fi-themed action movie of all time (and I ain't talking about the crap-fest that was Predator 2 or the soul-crushingly awful Alien vs. Predator mash-ups). I don't expect Predators to match the sheer awesomeness of Predator - that's just not going to happen - but if it can take a few gasps of the rarefied air the original breathes, it'll be easily worth the price of admission.

Incidentally, #2 on my "Please be good, don't ruin my childhood memories" list is the Red Dawn remake (I know, I know... prepare for ruin, John). #3 is TRON: Legacy (which, of the movies listed in this post, probably stands the best chance of not being an unholy affront to my childhood memories).
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Branda

#34 Post by Mike Branda »

man when i was a kid i watched Red Dawn everyday , its on my list of movies that never get old , i also love to watch superman (Christopher reeves) and could watch that everyday, same with pans labyrinth
Last edited by Mike Branda on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Moots

#35 Post by Paul Moots »

Bulldozers wrote:Benjamin,

Fabulous trailer for Breaking and Entering. Can't wait to see it in its entirety. Please keep me posted. By the way, did you find that by and large men are more obsessed with breaking records than women?

Bob
(I hope I did that right, linking the previous post).

Yes. There are waaaaaaay more men than women obsessed with breaking records. I had to go out of my way to find women that broke records and only found two of them, the fastest talking woman, and the woman who rips phone books in half. All the rest are men.
Paul Moots

#36 Post by Paul Moots »

Growing up, Red Dawn was easily my favorite movie, so hearing that they're making a new one makes me excited and uneasy at the same time.
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Bill »

That is a first-rate trailer Benjamin. Let me know when the DVD goes on sale. Please keep me informed as well as you bring your documentary to the market. I would like to follow along as you roll out your website.

How many hours of footage did you end up shooting?
Paul Moots

#38 Post by Paul Moots »

Warriors wrote:That is a first-rate trailer Benjamin. Let me know when the DVD goes on sale. Please keep me informed as well as you bring your documentary to the market. I would like to follow along as you roll out your website.

How many hours of footage did you end up shooting?
Thanks a lot! I shot over 250 hours of footage for a 98 minute documentary. It's mainly about the three main guys, the stationary cyclist, the joggler, and the grape guy (two of them), but there are close to 20 current and former record holders included.
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by Bill »

Are you aware of the documentary channel? It is channel 263 on DirecTV. I am not sure what other providers carry this channel. They cover a wide variety of topics. They might be another market for your film.
Paul Moots

#40 Post by Paul Moots »

Warriors wrote:Are you aware of the documentary channel? It is channel 263 on DirecTV. I am not sure what other providers carry this channel. They cover a wide variety of topics. They might be another market for your film.
Yeah. I don't get it myself, but I'm aware of it. My understanding is that they pay really poorly so it's a last resort type of thing, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm talking to a consultant in the next several weeks who can help me figure things out. Thanks for the questions!
Paul Moots

#41 Post by Paul Moots »

John,

You mentioned that you were going to come up with a list of your favorite tv shows. I'll jumpstart the discussion. In no particular order here are my favorites from the past few years.

1. Arrested Development
2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
3. Archer
4. Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
5. Cheers
6. South Park
7. Larry Sanders Show
8. Rescue Me
9. Intervention
10. Deadwood
Mike Branda

#42 Post by Mike Branda »

Fishermen wrote:John,

You mentioned that you were going to come up with a list of your favorite tv shows. I'll jumpstart the discussion. In no particular order here are my favorites from the past few years.

1. Arrested Development
3. Archer
5. Cheers
6. South Park
7. Larry Sanders Show
8. Rescue Me
9. Intervention
10. Deadwood

Wow No Dexter or House
Paul Moots

#43 Post by Paul Moots »

Never actually seen either, but my dad LOVES House and I've heard good things about Dexter. I don't have Showtime.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#44 Post by John »

Fishermen wrote:John,

1. Arrested Development
3. Archer
5. Cheers
6. South Park
7. Larry Sanders Show
8. Rescue Me
9. Intervention
10. Deadwood
For my list of favorite TV shows, see here for 1980s-90s and here for 2000s.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Neil Thomas

#45 Post by Neil Thomas »

I just watched Memento again after along time. I remember it was a great movie, but I forget how much it played with your mind. I have been thinking about it for the last two days. I am going to get my fiancee to watch it for the first time tonight and I know it will blow her a way with the suspense.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”