Players Protected Prior to Wed Sim

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Players Protected Prior to Wed Sim

#16 Post by klewis »

I think OOTPX makes it less easier to protect your young players? I remember reading that anyone on the 40 man roster is automatically "called up" during spring training? So anyone on the 40 man roster loses an option year if they are sent down after spring training. You can see how this will quickly promote trading and player movement. You can no longer hide or stash guys in the minors.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Evas »

SP Yaichiro Hayagawa
MR Anastasio Granero

Are being pulled from the LRS list.

Sorry about not posting it sooner, I thought i only had to put them on my 35/40 man roster in the game.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#18 Post by Matt »

Featherheads wrote:I think OOTPX makes it less easier to protect your young players? I remember reading that anyone on the 40 man roster is automatically "called up" during spring training? So anyone on the 40 man roster loses an option year if they are sent down after spring training. You can see how this will quickly promote trading and player movement. You can no longer hide or stash guys in the minors.
yeah, that's one part of X that I pretty much hate so far. I would rather choose who to call up or not call up. Getting slammed losing an option year on a guy is definately not the way to go. It was better the old way.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Leones »

Calzones wrote:
Featherheads wrote:I think OOTPX makes it less easier to protect your young players? I remember reading that anyone on the 40 man roster is automatically "called up" during spring training? So anyone on the 40 man roster loses an option year if they are sent down after spring training. You can see how this will quickly promote trading and player movement. You can no longer hide or stash guys in the minors.
yeah, that's one part of X that I pretty much hate so far. I would rather choose who to call up or not call up. Getting slammed losing an option year on a guy is definately not the way to go. It was better the old way.
To be fair, the new way is how it works in real life.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”