PEBA Hall of Fame

Alan Ehlers

PEBA Hall of Fame

#1 Post by Alan Ehlers »

I know we are only in our fitth year of Peba but I was thinking that somehwere down the line or maybe someone already has it set up , is that we create a PEBA hall of fame with everyone from the LRS and PEBA getting votes to induct people. I think it would be a lot of fun and I am interested in getting feedback on the idea and ways to maybe implementi
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PEBA Hall of Fame

#2 Post by John »

Oh, you had best believe this is in the cards. As you say, we're not quite there yet, having just four years under our belts. Eventually, however, HoF fame voting will become a regular part of our offseason agenda.

Now when exactly will this happen? Realistically, we're probably a distance away from this yet. Consider that the "best" PEBA player to retire so far (as measured by VORP... and yes, I know VORP sucks as a measuring stick, but we works with what we gots) is former Badger [url=http://www.pebabaseball.com/reports/new ... r_640.html]George Crocker.[/url (career VORP of 142.7]. Crocker's 3-year career totals included 61 HR, 252 RBI, 284 R and 57 SB in 103 attempts (what a horrible percentage!). Those certainly HoF credentials.

Over in the LRS, former Cliff Hanger Yoriyuki Yamaguchi has more impressive credentials. He clubbed 87 HR, 237 RBI, 239 R and hit at an outstanding 1.070 OPS clip in a league not noted for high offensive output. Unfortunately he did this for only two years and that's not enough to justify a HoF induction.

So we're still a ways from beginning HoF voting. Don't worry, though; our history is building with each sim, and it's only a matter of time before we create enough to justify our first round of inductions. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Alan Ehlers

#3 Post by Alan Ehlers »

i was thinking that we go all the way. We create a town and maybe webdesign a stadium along with a town , kind of a virtual reality thing. Then during hall of fame induction we have people give speeches if a player from there team makes the hall. We can create plaques and such. The big thing will be the Hall of Fame game on hall of fame weekend which will pit a PEBA team against a LRS team. However, instead of one game we make it a three game set. I think it would be great. I mean we could create the twon and the hall right now and start having artifacts placed into it. Like a ball from a no hitter and such, do you know what I mean. We could also have the Hall of Fame game in there already. Anyway I think we could do a lot with the concept and I am sure the Calzones could expand on my ideas ten fold
Matt
VIP
VIP

#4 Post by Matt »

I have no thoughts worthy of posting at this time...my AC quit and I'm on the way to Miami. It's about 90 with 99% humidity here in Cocoa. Where are the freaking hurricanes when you need them?

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”