John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Post by John »

Tickets! Get yer tickets here!

The 2010 Planetary Extreme Championship will be begin on Monday, August 10. Start times for all PEC games will be 9:05 PM ET. The series is best-of-7 and we'll be simming one game each night until the winner of the Rodriguez Cup is crowned.

As we've done previously, 2010 PEC games will be broadcast live through Yugma. There are up to 20 tickets available for each broadcast. You may attend as many games as you like, and you are more than welcome to invite friends who don't play in the PEBA. LRS owners are also encouraged to attend. To claim your ticket(s), please reply in this thread stating which game(s) you'd like to attend.

Instructions on using Yugma:
  • If this is the first broadcast you’ll be attending, complete this step right away: Go to http://www.yugma.com/, click the “Get Free Account” button and fill in the required info. Remember the name and email address you used, as you’ll need them to sign in later.
  • Shortly before the game, I will send an email to all owners who reserved tickets. It will contain a Session ID #. Note this; you’ll need it in a minute.
  • Again go to http://www.yugma.com/ and click the “Join Session” button. The Yugma client will load on your computer. If you’re running a virus scanner, you may receive a false positive virus alert. There is no virus risk here! Instruct your scanner to add Yugma to your trusted zone and proceed.
  • You’ll be presented with a login box where you’ll enter the name and email address you used when creating your Yugma account. You’ll also be asked for the Session ID# from the email I’ll have sent you.
  • Once you’ve entered in that info and clicked “Join”, a window will pop up displaying the entire contents of my home desktop. As the game plays out, you’ll be able to watch it unfold as if you were here playing it on my computer yourself!
  • There will be a sideband window that includes a chat function, so all of you watching the game can talk together while you enjoy the action.
  • If you can't see the chat bar (view-only mode), then you need to log in using the Yugma icon on your computer, either from the desktop or the start menu. It will pop up a little box that looks similar to a messenger program. On it is a tab labeled "join". Click on that and then enter your login info (name, email address, session ID#). Then choose the "free" option, answer the survey questions and you should be good to go.
Claimed Tickets
  • Game 1 (Aug. 8 ): BLACKOUT
  • Game 2 (Aug. 9): Aurora, Charleston, Crystal Lake (Bill), Florida, Palm Springs
  • Game 3 (Aug. 10): Aurora, Crystal Lake (Bill), Palm Springs, West Virginia
  • Game 4 (Aug. 11): Aurora, Charleston, Crystal Lake (Bill), West Virginia
  • Game 5 (Aug. 12) (if necessary): Aurora, Crystal Lake (Bill), West Virginia
  • Game 6 (Aug. 13) (if necessary): Aurora, Charleston, Crystal Lake (Bill), West Virginia
  • Game 7 (Aug. 14) (if necessary): Aurora, Charleston, Crystal Lake (Bill), West Virginia
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Sign up to watch live 2010 PEC game broadcasts!

#2 Post by klewis »

Due to work, I can only drop by for weekend live sims. I'm not sure my schedule yet but I'd be interested in attending the weekend playoff sims. (I probably will drop in for the LRS weekend sims too if I am around).
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Dates adjusted to reflect our new schedule. I also got you added in for the weekend dates, Kevin.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
James Bowman

#4 Post by James Bowman »

Mark me down as tentative for 9th, 12-14th.

I may be able to show up late for the rest. I attended a broadcast or two last season, but forget how long they lasted.

Thanks for doing this John.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

You're quite welcome! Broadcasts usually take an hour, and I'd budget an extra 15 minutes for waiting for everyone to arrive at the start.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Sandgnats (Bill)

#6 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Free tix? Woo Hoo!
I'd like a ticket for each game please!

There are so many things going on in the forums, I completely forgot about the PEC tickets and didn't see this. Thanks for sending out the email. I'm in. It is always much more fun watching the live broadcast than we all think it will be!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

You've been added, Bill!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Tyler »

Count me in for all the weekday games, please. :-B
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Do we have anymore takers for tickets? I'd like to have a clear idea of how much demand there is for live broadcasts by tomorrow morning.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Denny »

Put me down for the first three games, although I should be considered "possible" rather than "sure thing" for them.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

With four people signed up, I'm going to go ahead and plan to hold the broadcast tomorrow. Hopefully everyone who's signed up will be able to make it, and perhaps we'll have some more sign-ups before game time. We'll see how it goes Saturday night and decide on further live games then.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by klewis »

Sorry for the late update, but there is a chance that I may not be home tomorrow for the game. My cousins from Texas and France have been in town for this month in a semi-family reunion of sorts. So I've been doing the family stuff and hosting on some evenings/days. Hopefully I can make it... or at least hopefully there is enough people to make the live broadcasts worthwhile. I would hate to see that feature go by the wayside. It's a fun experience for those who have not tried it out yet. Always fun to meet and greet fellow PEBA/LRS members.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by John »

Well, in light of the new information and the shaky commitments from Denny and Kevin, I think I'm going to change course and forego the live broadcast tonight. I agree with Kevin that they're fun, but if only one other person is going to be there it's just not worth all the setup. If we can get a solid commitment on the future dates, we'll try a broadcast then.

Kevin and Denny, keep me up to date as to your status. If you don't think you can make Sunday night's game, let me know in advance if possible. Better to know and be able to prepare than to go through the setup and broadcast to an empty house.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Tyler »

If the decision has already been made, so be it, but I can be considered "highly likely" to be able to attend tonight's game.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#15 Post by Matt »

Put me and Cassandra down to watch tonight. We'll watch from my computer. We may be available for Sunday though we will update tomm.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”