2010 PEBA All-Star Game Live Blog

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2010 PEBA All-Star Game Live Blog

#61 Post by Denny »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I am sitting here in awe... it's the Remi "Blackjack" Young show tonight, folks. For those who missed it, Young has taken a HR away from the SL and hit one of his own (he also has a single). Now, Weaver leads off the 6th with a shot to the gap in deep right off of Florida's Bill Taylor. Young jumps up against the wall, making contact just as the ball reaches his glove. Of course he holds on! Tip of the cap to "Blackjack"; this is your night, young man.
Would it be bad form to hope that he hurts himself by repeatedly jumping against the wall like that? :-P
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#62 Post by John »

With George Thompson on the mound, the crowd stands to give the first batter in the bottom of the 6th, London's Remi Young, a well-deserved ovation. Young flies out to right, but it hardly diminishes the show he's put on tonight.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Paul Moots

#63 Post by Paul Moots »

Jon,

Have you checked out Corona yet?
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I am sitting here in awe... it's the Remi "Blackjack" Young show tonight, folks. For those who missed it, Young has taken a HR away from the SL and hit one of his own (he also has a single). Now, Weaver leads off the 6th with a shot to the gap in deep right off of Florida's Bill Taylor. Young jumps up against the wall, making contact just as the ball reaches his glove. Of course he holds on! Tip of the cap to "Blackjack"; this is your night, young man.
Someone called it.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#65 Post by Denny »

Coal Sox wrote:
Someone called it.
I hope he's right about the Wunderkinds too.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#66 Post by John »

We've got action in the bottom of the 6th. After Young's fly out, Florida pinch hitter Mostas hits a single. Thompson then walks Morimoto. San Antonio's Murdock comes in to pinch hit and sends a slow bouncer to second. McDonald charges hard, barehands the ball and fires a strike to Imada at first. The umpire hesitates for a moment before calling the speedy Murdock OUT at 1st. Runners and 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#67 Post by John »

Thompson punches out Connecticut pinch hitter John to end the inning. Kalamazoo's John Collins will be pinch hitting for Imada to start the 7th, hoping to spark a rally.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#68 Post by Denny »

Let's get an out Out OUT
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#69 Post by Ghosts »

it's funny. for whatever reason just this week the co-owner and i have been discussing remi young, his incredible season, and whether we should have traded him. given the fact we got diaz (who will be the best closer in the game in 2012) and jansen (a strong set-up man), i'm pretty sure i'd do it again. but blackjack was a favorite of ours and now i'm remembering why.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by Denny »

OK, my reflexes are slow....but wooo! :-B
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#71 Post by John »

After a Wilson Berry 1-out single, Boyd grounds into a double play to end the inning. We go to the bottom of the 7th, and John "Pep" Roach is in to pitch.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Denny »

Bears wrote:it's funny. for whatever reason just this week the co-owner and i have been discussing remi young, his incredible season, and whether we should have traded him. given the fact we got diaz (who will be the best closer in the game in 2012) and jansen (a strong set-up man), i'm pretty sure i'd do it again. but blackjack was a favorite of ours and now i'm remembering why.
And through it all my scout still gives Young just three stars! :-?
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Duane »

Codgers wrote:OK, my reflexes are slow....but wooo! :-B
How is the prune juice doing there Denny?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#74 Post by John »

A little "love" from one ex-teammate to another? With one out, Roach plunks Kichida with a 94 MPH fastball. It just grazed him, though, so no harm done. Kichida sprints down to 1st, and West Virginia pinch hitter Jon Wood is coming to the plate.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#75 Post by Denny »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Codgers wrote:OK, my reflexes are slow....but wooo! :-B
How is the prune juice doing there Denny?
Heh....everything's coming out okay in the end.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”