Another New Owner In Waiting

NormV

Another New Owner In Waiting

#1 Post by NormV »

Hi Guys,

I have submitted my application and am now on the waiting list for a team. (Any team will do :D )

Have played these types of games for many, many years going back to the 70s with APBA using snail mail. Eventually graduated to BBW once we had the internet.

Currently am playing in an online soccer league and a hockey league. But I really want to get back into baseball which is my first love.

Originally from Montreal but now live outside of Toronto. Definately not a Jays fan though.

This appears to be a very good league and I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting to work.

Norm
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Another New Owner In Waiting

#2 Post by DanD »

Welcome Norm!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

Welcome to the waiting world, Norm! It sounds like we're getting lots of players with background in the old card games - I myself actually have the 2005 APBA season set :lol: . I hope you enjoy your time here in PEBA-land.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Not only are we getting several old time baseball card-playing members here, but we're collecting a number of Canadians as well. Norm would be our third. Now if only I can find one that likes hockey as much as I do... ;)

Welcome to the forums, Norm! We're happy to have you here. Feel free to jump into any conversation you like. I know you don't yet have access to OOTP, so for now you can follow the action through our HTML reports. There will likely be some announcements made on the next version of OOTP (OOTP X) quite shortly. That would be the version to target as your first purchase.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Branda

#5 Post by Mike Branda »

Hey Norm. I was born and raised in Mississauga, have worked in Burlington and Brampton and I'm up in Port Perry now.

Whereabouts are you?
NormV

#6 Post by NormV »

I am in Oshawa.

I can look out my window and see the GM plant off in the distance. No many happy faces there.
Crushers wrote:Hey Norm. I was born and raised in Mississauga, have worked in Burlington and Brampton and I'm up in Port Perry now.

Whereabouts are you?
Mike Branda

#7 Post by Mike Branda »

I guess not. My nine-year-old is playing football in the Hawkeyes house league program so I'm down in Oshawa every Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday until July.
NormV

#8 Post by NormV »

Crushers wrote:I guess not. My nine-year-old is playing football in the Hawkeyes house league program so I'm down in Oshawa every Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday until July.
Wow small world. My son and his family live in Brooklin which is very near to you I believe. His daughter plays house league soccer in Oshawa as well.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#9 Post by Maulers »

Welcome Norm! It's great to have you in waiting and hopefully aboard soon!
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Neil Thomas

#10 Post by Neil Thomas »

Hey Norm, welcome. As a relative newcomer I can say that you have found a great league to get involved in. Hope you have some fun and good luck with getting a team. :sweat:
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by klewis »

Hey Norm, welcome to the league! Good to see another person north of the border. Since you don't have a team yet, you can always hop onto the Florida Featherheads bandwagon! We have plenty of room. In fact, I think I am driving the wagon all by myself with no passengers. :oops:
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Aaron Tassano

#12 Post by Aaron Tassano »

I'm new too Norm. Checking out the forums is a nice way to get started. Good luck.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Denny »

Welcome Norm! Montreal is a beautiful city; I used to visit every year for the Canadian Grand Prix (RIP).
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Jim

#14 Post by Jim »

Welcome Norm!
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Hitmen »

Heyas Norm, welcome to the PEBA universe :D