Minor League Logos

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Minor League Logos

#241 Post by John »

Tyler and I use Photoshop. That's an expensive app, but GIMP is a free art program you can use. I haven't tried it myself, but a number of guys on the OOTP forums use it and it's supposed to be pretty solid. Send me an email if you'd like more info. It's time consuming but great fun to create this stuff. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#242 Post by Tyler »

And I too would be happy to answer any questions via PM or e-mail about jersey art if you need assistance.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
James Bowman

#243 Post by James Bowman »

Either of you have any experience with photoshop elements? That seems quite a bit more reasonably priced than the full photoshop program.

Tyler, any idea if campus bookstores sell photoshop considerably cheaper than retail versions?

Thanks guys, I'll give GIMP a try too, when I get some time. :)
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#244 Post by Cole »

I use adobe photoshop mostly, and a little illustrator. I am new to both and I don't have a stylus just my mouse.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#245 Post by John »

Portsmouth Dockhands (MAN Hi-A)
This finishes off Manchester's minor league art. I couldn't quite get this how I was envisioning it. Hopefully it'll do for now. I may revisit this art at a later time.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#246 Post by Tyler »

That looks good, John, but I notice you haven't added textures or shadows to the jersey. Is there any reason you decided to make this change? I personally think they make jerseys far more realistic.
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#247 Post by John »

This particular jersey was done using deft's "jersey styles" which, by default, don't have any shading. Knuckler used this method for the jerseys he developed (you'll notice his designs don't feature any shading - see my own team's jersey for an example). There wasn't any particular reason for using the jersey styles over the templates with shading... I was just messing around with a different creation method.

Jeff, do you prefer shading on your jersey? It'd take about 5 seconds to add a shadow layer.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#248 Post by John »

It's been brought to my attention that a number of newly created logos aren't showing up for owners. This is due to the fact that OOTP 9 removes the capitalization from the logo titles. Strangely, in our setup we need to the logos to be properly capitalized in order for them to show up. I've just made the necessary adjustments and will send out the newly capitalized logos as part of Friday night's mini-picture pack. The affected teams:
  • Barrow Frozen Bullies
  • Ketchikan Salmon
  • Kilauea Volcanoes
  • New Brunswick Kingpins
  • Salton Sea Kilmers
  • Wasilla Sledge Dogs
Additionally, I've become aware of a glitch that is causing every coach picture to be updated when only coaches who have changed jobs during a sim should be updated. This is causing our "mini-picture packs" to become "mega-picture packs". While I don't know how to stop this aberrant behavior, I'll try to keep the extra coach pictures out of the packs to keep the size down.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#249 Post by Tyler »

I wondered why the last picture pack was so big. I just thought we'd gotten bored and made that many trades. :shock:
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#250 Post by Cole »

I had an idea come up for my minor league logo for single-A Nampa. Have four bats make an 'M' and the bats on the ends sitting in moccasins. I have no clue how to do it but its just an idea. I saw the logo for the "Oysters" and think its absolutely awesome.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#251 Post by Cole »

That's a start for AAA Grand Rapids. Colors just need adjusting.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#252 Post by Denny »

Hi all,

Based on discussions in the feeder league art thread, I thought I had better just send a general message to all the art-makers out there to let you know that I am already working on (or at least have ideas for) three of my four minor league teams: the Edmonton Mall Ratz, National City Bankers, and Lana'i City Pineapples--so DON'T work on them!

But for the Provo Missionaries I got nothin', so if you want to create unis etc. for them, knock yourself out! :grin: I only ask that you keep their color scheme intact.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#253 Post by John »

As soon as I finish up the Edo Battousai's art, I'll have a stab at Provo, Denny.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”