Streaks

Matt
VIP
VIP

Streaks

#1 Post by Matt »

This one doesn't show up in the game, which is consecutive games errorless streak. Right now Martin Griffin has made one error in his PEBA career, that in 2008. I don't have any way of knowing though at what point in 2008 in order to accurately account for his errorless games streak. Would love to be able to incorporate it into a story if there was only a way to find out accurately what the streak stands at.

The most impressive streak on the streaks list has to be Conan McCulloughs 43 start undefeated streak. We got to him for 10 hits and 6 runs in 5.1 on opening day, but he had been spotted an 8-0 lead by his offense so the streak survived.

Jeff Anderson's 11 game losing streak is a bit impressive. Even more impressive is that he has a winless streak that dates back to 2008 when he was 0-10. 0-11 in 2009. He's at least 0-21, depending on how far that streak backs into 2007, when he was 2-5. His no decision in his only start this season ended the active losing streak, and unfortunately the game doesn't appear to be calculating winless streaks.

Outside of Jack Cobb, the Calzones have no active streakers.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Streaks

#2 Post by John »

A lack of detailed fielding records is one thing I'd love to see addressed in future versions of the game. As you say, it's not possible to go back and see exactly when, where and how a player committed an error. There are the game logs of course, but those get overwritten when each new season begins. I do keep an almanac with game logs from previous seasons, but searching through those for the details on errors would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. What would be cool is a search system similar to Retrosheet.
Calzones wrote:Outside of Jack Cobb, the Calzones have no active streakers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Apollos »

Lot of overhead. Whew
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Matt
VIP
VIP

#4 Post by Matt »

Anderson's winless streak continued with a no-decision in his only start the most recent sim. So far this season, he has been effectively wild, walking 10 batters in 11.1 innings. Judging by where he falls in the rotation, his next three starts are likely to be against Bakersfield, Crystal Lake, and Aurora. Those teams and his control issues suggest his 0-21 run may not be over for awhile. His next best chance for to end the skid may come on May 7th, against Omaha's arch nemesis Canton.

Yes, I now have to check to see what Anderson does each sim.
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Apollos »

We will do our best to allow your pitcher to set the record :grin:
Matt
VIP
VIP

#6 Post by Matt »

Actually he's Omaha's pitcher.

(We just can't resist watching a good train wreck...)
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Apollos »

Hopefully, we will get hot and be contributors
Matt
VIP
VIP

#8 Post by Matt »

With 2 more losses in the latest sim, Anderson stretches his streak to at least 23 straight losing decisions. He is now 2-28 in his PEBA career. WOW.

Martin Griffin continues his errorless games streak.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by klewis »

Conan McCullough's undefeated streak finally ends at 46 starts. He lost to Gloucester with an 0-2 score on 5/1/10.

Bakersfield's Curt Peterson is closing in on Rafael Hernández's all time saves streak. Peterson has 35 consecutive saves whereas Hernández's all time record is 41.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Apollos »

I guess we did contribute :D
Matt
VIP
VIP

#11 Post by Matt »

Griffin continues errorless, ho-hum.

Jeff Anderson continues the losing streak, falling to 0-3 on the season, and at least 0-24 in his last 24 decisions over 3 seasons. His latest outing was a 2-0 loss to Canton in which he allowed just 1 hit. Canton scored 2 in the 7th on a walk, sac, walk, hbp, DROPPED FLY BALL with 2 outs and two runs come in. Ouch that had to hurt for Anderson.

I'm not sure if going 0-24 will get you demoted in Omaha, but losing to Canton might. Even if it wasn't his fault.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by John »

Knowing the rivalry between the Canton and Omaha GMs, I would imagine losing to Canton would earn Anderson a demotion.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#13 Post by Matt »

Anderson is reminding me of the story of Matt Keough. Keough was an all-star in 1978, but lost his last 4 decisions that season. He would go on to lose his first 14 decisions of 1979, for an 0-18 run. I am not sure if that is the record, I just remember at the time there was an article in the paper after every start that he failed to win as the streak ran into September.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... &year=1979
Mike Branda

#14 Post by Mike Branda »

Geez, I can't remember the pitcher, but there was a Met back in the early 90s who lost something like his first 22 decisions. I thought his name was Young, but I can't track it down. I'll keep looking.

Edit: Most Consecutive Losses: (27) by Anthony Young (New York Mets, 1992 to 1993)

Here on baseball-reference.com we see he went 2-14 and 1-16 in consecutive years with the Mets. YIKES.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Duane »

@ Kevin of Florida

Your tag line states ...
***Weekly Team Recap
***Saunders Lashes Out
***Interleague Play
***Key Words: C. Saunders, M. Hancock, Thoroughbreds, J. Pew, R. Yamauchi

Thoroughbreds are a keyword for your site??? :oops:
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”