2010 Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Matt
VIP
VIP

Re: 2010 Draft Pool Discussion Thread

#16 Post by Matt »

I hear you. I'm still working on my spreadsheets and what not. And yeah, Baldwin either DH's or goes to first base in the future. Unless you want your pitching staff to hate you.
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#17 Post by Apollos »

Now I have to look at this guy
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Tyler »

Sandgnats wrote:Tyler should I take that to mean that these are the OSA rankings and not your own?
I used my own scout's ratings, but I intentionally made some "strange" rankings so that I wasn't giving away too many internal secrets. Don't worry - I didn't rank any scrubs in the Top 5, and every name you see listed has a strong case to be there. You're viewing the draft pool through beat reporter Patrick Bailey's eyes. :wink:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by John »

I like checking out the guys that are performing well but that my scout doesn't rate that highly. One such guy is SP Craig Hampton. I don't know what your scouts are saying, but mine says he's got pretty weak stuff. That doesn't jive with his performance, however; he's tied for 6th in the USCBA with 62 strikeouts. That's helped him post a sparkling 2.96 ERA and a 7-2 W-L record.

Now the big question: How much of it is due to the fact that he's advanced for his level? While my scout doesn't think he has a high strikeout ceiling, he does think his stuff is relatively developed compared to others his age. On the other other hand, he has a strong work ethic and has shown himself to be a leader.

A guy like this makes me think. Is he "what he is"? Or is he the kind of guy where there could be something more underneath the surface?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#20 Post by Apollos »

My problem is that I have those guys. I need to drink from the patience cup as they seem to take longer at the upper levels.
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#21 Post by John »

Check out the season Lakewood Lancer Greg Stinson is having. Coming into 2010, Stinson had hit 9 HR in three high school seasons (encompassing 281 PA). He's hit 18 this year alone in 247 PA. Fluke or late bloomer? I'm guessing at least one GM is going to bet on "late bloomer" and nab Stinson early on.

Despite his torrid hitting, Stinson doesn't even lead the Lancers in HR. That honor goes to Dwight Carver. The frosh has clubbed an amazing 21 long balls in 240 PA. A name to keep in mind for 2013.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Alan Ehlers

The War Room: Location Wadsworth Ohio

#22 Post by Alan Ehlers »

The Calzones and Myself are getting everything ready for the draft Saturday. We are doing it in style. First we will have 4 computers going for researching and drafting. Second, I have the baseball package from Direct TV so we will have all the games going while we draft, and third, we will have the junk food flowing, It will be a great weekend
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The War Room: Location Wadsworth Ohio

#23 Post by John »

Knights wrote:The Calzones and Myself are getting everything ready for the draft Saturday. We are doing it in style. First we will have 4 computers going for researching and drafting. Second, I have the baseball package from Direct TV so we will have all the games going while we draft, and third, we will have the junk food flowing, It will be a great weekend
Aren't draft weekend the best? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: The War Room: Location Wadsworth Ohio

#24 Post by Duane »

Knights wrote:The Calzones and Myself are getting everything ready for the draft Saturday. We are doing it in style. First we will have 4 computers going for researching and drafting. Second, I have the baseball package from Direct TV so we will have all the games going while we draft, and third, we will have the junk food flowing, It will be a great weekend

The Booze man ... what .. about .. the BOOZE????????
Bill
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Alan Ehlers

#25 Post by Alan Ehlers »

Well maybe a little , the Calzones and I do not party the way we used to
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Tyler »

Anyone know a way to get a draft list to stop randomly deleting players you've previously picked when you add a new guy? For example, my list deletes pick #56 when I add pick #64. It makes building draft lists take twice as long. :-P
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#27 Post by Matt »

No. I've gone through that aggravation.

About the closest I have come to resolving it is to make a few changes, save the game, make a few changes, save the game. Even then it's not foolproof. It's really an annoying bug.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by John »

Calzones wrote:No. I've gone through that aggravation.

About the closest I have come to resolving it is to make a few changes, save the game, make a few changes, save the game. Even then it's not foolproof. It's really an annoying bug.
I do the same thing.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Aaron Tassano

#29 Post by Aaron Tassano »

Are you guys talking about the draft list/board you can have your scout generate? I've never noticed that bug.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#30 Post by John »

Arsenal wrote:Are you guys talking about the draft list/board you can have your scout generate? I've never noticed that bug.
Yes, this is the in-game draft list, and the problem won't show up if you have your Scouting Director auto-generate the list. It appears when you manually add players to the list one by one (which is what you need to do if you want to have the best list).
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”