Owner in Waiting

Aaron Tassano

Owner in Waiting

#1 Post by Aaron Tassano »

Hi everyone. I'm waiting for a team, but John has encouraged me to stop by and start to get to know people here. I've actually had half a mind to just try and find another league to play in, but I haven't found one that looks as good as this one. So I don't mind waiting a bit :wink:

My name is Aaron and I live in Ulsan, South Korea. I moved here to start a master's program in Education, met my future wife a couple weeks after getting here, and have now been here 5 years. About 1 1/2 ago I helped start a blog mostly about Asian baseball, called http://www.eastwindupchronicle.com with a friend living in Taiwan. The, a year ago I was hired by the Chicago Cubs to do part time scouting here. I also teach English at a local college. Between the two I'm pretty busy, plus I have the blog. And fantasy baseball. I figured I better hurry and get some more baseball on my plate. :-[

I follow Korean baseball pretty closely, as well as the other Asian leagues. I'm hoping to get into the LRS here, and look forward to tossing some ideas around on the forum. Initially I'd posted to the OOTP forums looking for someone to start a league with an MLB component that expands into Asia. But you guys have already done it.

So, hopefully, someone will hurry up and flake out and I can have a team. Heh. I've been poking around the forums for a while, trying to get a feel for how things go here.

Thanks,
Aaron
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Owner in Waiting

#2 Post by klewis »

Hey welcome to the forum Aaron. Wow, another person with ties to a MLB organization. You must be proud of how Korean baseball has been progressing over the years. They have shown a lot recently with the Olympics and WBC. Nice blog by the way. You'll fit right in with this league encouraging writing.

I'm an A's fan but I do keep track on the Cubs a bit just to see how Rich Harden is doing.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Aaron Tassano

#3 Post by Aaron Tassano »

Hey Featherheads...I bumped into your your blog earlier today too. Nice work. The last thing I need is a new blog, but that's a great way to flesh out your team. Do you get CP points for that?

Also, who else has MLB ties?

I'm actually from Oakland, although I grew up a Reds fan. But I always have a soft spot for the A's. Especially when they win and stay competitive despite a lack of funds. The opposite of the Reds.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Welcome to the forums, Aaron! Glad to see you're already posting ideas. Someone with your kind of experience can be a very valuable asset to us. Do keep sharing your thoughts with us, both about the PEBA and baseball in general.

I've been following your excellent blog since we first talked and I cannot recommend it enough. Once again, the blog is East Windup Chronicle. Aaron and his partner Jackson do an amazing job covering Asian baseball plus a myriad of topics both baseball-related and not (for instance, "The Woman That Kind of Remembers Everything"). You need to have this site bookmarked; it's a must-read for serious baseball fans.

Rudel of the Kure Arsenal (LRS) is our other member with big league experience. He spent a couple years working for the Washington Nationals. It's definitely nice to have people around here with that kind of background.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by klewis »

Hi Aaron, yes you do get CP points for entries made in your blog. As for the Reds, I remember they had that great World Series against the A's in 1990. The Nasty Boys were tough and Rijo was nails.
EWC wrote:Hey Featherheads...I bumped into your your blog earlier today too. Nice work. The last thing I need is a new blog, but that's a great way to flesh out your team. Do you get CP points for that?

Also, who else has MLB ties?

I'm actually from Oakland, although I grew up a Reds fan. But I always have a soft spot for the A's. Especially when they win and stay competitive despite a lack of funds. The opposite of the Reds.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Tyler »

Welcome to the PEBA universe, Aaron! I'll have to go back and start reading the archives of your blog. It looks great.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Cole »

Welcome - I've got a friend who is teaching English in a Korean elementary school right now. It's a pretty neat program that he's doing through the US Gov't and he seems to like it a lot. But anyways - welcome to the PEBA/LRS universe, I was a newcomer a few months ago and can speak to how great the community is!
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Maulers »

Welcome, Aaron! We're glad to have you (almost) on-board!
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by DanD »

Welcome!!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Akira »

Hi Aaron,
I remember your post in the OOTP forums about wanting to start up an Asian league. It's great we have someone with your experience and enthusiasm in our league. Welcome!

RonHi
Neo-Tokyo Akira
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Iyou Seigyoki
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#11 Post by Iyou Seigyoki »

Hey Aaron,

Have you had a chance to see CJ Nitkowski pitch over there yet?

Welcome...
Aaron Tassano

#12 Post by Aaron Tassano »

Toxic:

I haven't had a chance. He was sent to the minors after just one inning. I wrote about it on my site http://eastwindupchronicle.com/cj-nitko ... #more-4715

Mostly I scout high school and college players though.

Badgers:

Yeah, I think I know the program you're talking about. The govt. started it 2 or 3 years ago. Korea isn't a bad place to save some money and experience a new culture. No tax, no tipping, decent salary for teaching your own language.
Steel Dragons

#13 Post by Steel Dragons »

Welcome to the league, the LRS is shaping up to have a good group of owners and your knowledge of Asian baseball should be able to add a level of realism to the group. Hopefully your wait will be short. Most of us have been here about 2 and a half months and still haven't played a game yet, it's worth the wait. :grin:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by John »

ae37jr wrote:Most of us have been here about 2 and a half months and still haven't played a game yet, it's worth the wait. :grin:
Thankfully the wait is almost over... LRS Spring Training games begin Friday night. :grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jim

#15 Post by Jim »

Welcome Aaron! I think this league will be worth the wait. After waiting for a while, I'm excited to actually have a team now and geared up to starting spring training.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”