The Personnel Files (Part Four - ML Pitching Coaches)

Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Personnel Files (Part Four - ML Pitching Coaches)

#1 Post by Tyler »

This is Part Four - ML Pitching Coaches. An Excel sheet of the data is attached to this post.

SUMMARY

ML Pitching Coaches average to a 86 Teach Pitching. The average pitching coach pulls in about $310,000 a year.

Three teams currently employ managers as pitching coaches. I have excluded these teams from the above averages (again, see the attachment for full data).

Pitching coaches are much worse at handling players than hitting coaches (73 versus 81 on average). They are also a lot worse at teaching fielding (31 versus 54).

Best Bargains
Crystal Lake - Quality signing.

Most Overpaid
West Virginia - Holy ****. Worst personnel contract I've seen so far.

Important Qualifications
The "Best Bargains" and "Most Overpaid" awards are given solely based on OOTP personnel ratings, not team performance.

The switch from OOTP 7/8 to 9 brought with it the new personnel contract system, where personnel sign like free agents, instead of through our forum-based waiver system. This has led to an increase in average salary for all personnel. Keep in mind that current personnel were signed under both the old and new systems, and that this will create disparities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Personnel Files (Part Four - ML Pitching Coaches)

#2 Post by John »

For the record, the Aurora organizational philosophy involves splurging on personnel as a rule. Does it have any effect? I have no idea, but I can bet you that if the minors are examined you'll find some pretty high-priced personnel in Aurora's system relative to other systems. I guess you could call it a superstition on my part... I just feel like my players develop better with better personnel around.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:For the record, the Aurora organizational philosophy involves splurging on personnel as a rule. Does it have any effect? I have no idea, but I can bet you that if the minors are examined you'll find some pretty high-priced personnel in Aurora's system relative to other systems. I guess you could call it a superstition on my part... I just feel like my players develop better with better personnel around.
I have no idea how to calculate if it does anything, but I'm brainstorming about that right now. I've noticed some interesting philosophies in different organizations. Reno, for example, appears to spend as little on personnel as possible. What's the difference? I can't tell. :roll:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Jim

#4 Post by Jim »

The way I feel about it, I want my prospects to develop to their fullest. If skimping on the personnel shaves a few points off of their developed actual ratings, I refuse to skimp. I think paying an extra million in personnel can reap me several millions worth of value in player ratings. Of course, this is merely speculation on my part, and maybe the bargain basement approach is really the best.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”