Awards Voting

Matt
VIP
VIP

Awards Voting

#1 Post by Matt »

I have just one San Antonio player to pimp this offseason for an award, and that is Martin Griffin for the Glove Wizard award in CF.

He shows up in Joplin due to an after season send down (financial move, etc). But he played all season in SA, and split time at all three outfield positions. He spent the majority of his time in centerfield, and led all cf in range factor. He had a combined 11 assists from the outfield, and NOT A SINGLE ERROR ALL SEASON.

Dude also played 8 innings at shortstop without making an error in six chances, and was involved in 2 double plays at SS. Also played 2 flawless innings at 1st base.

Just had to give him a plug, I think he earned it.
Rudel.Dietrich

Re: Awards Voting

#2 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

It is really hard to vote for fielding awards when all we get are largely useless fielding statistics. Hopefully in the future OOTP incorporates advanced fielding metrics that allow us to usefully measure a players defensive output.
Until then the best tactic is to simply sort all players by range/arm/ability and then weigh that against the number of innings played in a posistion. With that method you are likely to find your best defensive players.
Paul Moots

#3 Post by Paul Moots »

I'm pretty sure I voted for him.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

A few tidbits about the 2009 PEBA awards voting:
  • Jeff Cline (IL Royal Raker), Yong-zhan Hu (IL Wunderkind) and Michael Kelly (IL 3B All-Leather) were the only unanimous choices.
  • Michael Kelly gets special distinction here: he has garnered every single IL 3B All-Leather vote possible since the league's inception.
  • Other runaway winners:
    • Conan McCullough (22 votes for IL Golden Arm).
    • Angel Zarate (21 votes for IL SS All-Leather).
    • Raul Garcia (20 votes for SL Wunderkind).
  • There were two tie votes:
    • Tsumemasa Morimoto was selected for IL 1B All-Leather over Domingo De Jesus.
    • Lorenzo Sandoval took home the iL LF All-Leather over Cal Edwards.
  • Other (relatively) close races:
    • Orlando German over Martin Griffin and Mario Hernandez for IL CF All-Leather (7 votes to the others' 5)
    • Jose Chavez over Sergio Guillen for SL P All-Leather (8 votes to 5)
    • Billy Krause over Yoichi Inoue for SL 1B All-Leather (9 votes to 6)
    • Bob Peterson over Jim White for SL 3B All-Leather (10 votes to 5)
    • Gregory Arnold over Kenny Parker for IL RF All-Leather (13 votes to 7)
  • Two teams paid out awards bonuses:
    • Pat Lilly's SL Royal Raker award cost Bakersfield $900,000
    • Voting John "Pep" Roach SL Golden Arm cost Aurora $800,000. Thanks for nothing, you jerks! :^
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”