Post here if you can't import the file

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post here if you can't import the file

#1 Post by John »

A few people have mentioned they've had trouble importing the new file. I believe this is just because of its size; you're probably losing connection during the download. However, I want to be sure it's not a bigger problem. If you still can't get the file downloaded, post here so I know.

As far as the file size goes, I will look into ways to reduce it. It may mean cutting out box scores and game logs for all non-PEBA leagues. That'd be a shame, but of course we don't want 125 MB downloads every time. I can't promise I'll have everything set for Thursday, but this is high on my priority list to get straightened out.
Alan Ehlers

the knight s cant

#2 Post by Alan Ehlers »

However, he can tell you when it stops loading. It stops loading when it gets to SISA Scouting players. The game kicks me off and then nothing. I have tried to reload the file at least 8 times and it happens in the same spot over and over again.This is the first time I had any trouble so please lets try to get this fixed
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by klewis »

Can't download in game or from PEBA webpage.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Denny »

I re-downloaded the file today (this is the tar.gz file linked from the main PEBA page) and get the same problem as before when I try to open it--OOTP says it is either corrupt or from an old version.

You haven't changed what version of OOTP you're using, right, commish? For diagnostic sake I am using ootp2007 version 2.0.3.68 for Mac.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

I just this minute finished re-uploading the file. If you've tried to download within the last 45 minutes, that's why it wasn't working. Give it another try.

The version I used last night was OOTP 8.0.0.13. It's the first time I've used this particular version. However, no one on the OOTP forums is complaining about incompatibilities. And it does seem like several PEBA members are getting the file to work without a problem. But yes, it's at least a possibility there's a problem with the new version.

I'll continue to check in on it. In the meantime, try the download again now that the file has been re-upped to the server.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Denny »

I'll let ya know in about eight hours :lol:

If there are incompatibility issues, it could be either with the new version you're using, or something that was there previously but we hadn't uncovered because it was a feature not used until the regular season, which hadn't started yet. But like you say, the fact that several people are able to load the file successfully makes either of those scenarios less likely.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Tyler »

As per e-mail request, the file worked perfectly for me.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Denny »

Just musing on file size and such here while looking at box scores etc. online....is it possible to put minor league box scores and game reports ONLY on the web, and not in the league file that we download? I think that would be the best of all worlds. I'm guessing the game doesn't really allow for that though. :?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

I've received enough reports tonight to verify that the file is indeed working. So I'm positive its been download trouble that's making things not work for some people. Again, that's an indictment of the large file size. I'll be investigating that today. It doesn't seem like the box scores for a mere 8 days of sims should be causing the file to be this large. Hopefully I get some answers when I post my question on the OOTP forum later this afternoon.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Denny »

The re-re-downloaded file also failed to load for me this morning. Same error in the same spot as before. :(
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

At this point enough people have confirmed the file is working for them that I'm certain it's a problem happening during the download. Our server has cut out from time to time, and if it does that even once during a download the whole thing is ruined.

I've upped the file to FileFront. Hopefully you'll get a more steady connection from their servers. Here's the link to the download. Once you have the file on your computer, extract it to your PEBA.lg directory (overwriting any files that were there). I hope this works for you!
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Denny »

OK. I just downloaded the file from the regular PEBA site using the high-speed connection at my workplace and copied it to a jump drive, so we'll see if that one works when I get home; otherwise I'll try the FileFront one.

One way or another the file is bound to get through! 8)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Denny »

Codgers wrote:OK. I just downloaded the file from the regular PEBA site using the high-speed connection at my workplace and copied it to a jump drive, so we'll see if that one works when I get home.
It did not work. Same error as with all the others. I will try downloading the file from FileFront and see what happens.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by John »

I'm not sure how that couldn't have worked. You had the full file downloaded, right? You should be able to extract it to your PEBA.lg directory (overwriting anything there) and everything should work perfectly. What's the error you're getting exactly?

If that didn't work, the link at FileFront certainly won't help. I thought your trouble was actually downloading the file; if you have the full file and it's still not working, I'm at a complete loss.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Denny »

Yes, actually getting the tar.gz file downloaded and extracted to PEBA.lg has always worked fine. But when I go into ootp2007 and select the "Load Game" option, it runs for a bit loading nations, etc. and then stops with the error message "The loading of the database failed. It is either corrupt or a save-game from an old version."

Once again I am using ootp2007 for the Mac, Version 2.0.3.68.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”