Badgers Podcast - Please Read

Cole
All-Star
All-Star

Badgers Podcast - Please Read

#1 Post by Cole »

Hey guys -

I know this is kind of last minute but I'm going to do a quick Badgers podcast tonight at 6pm EST. Its going to be merely a Meet the GM session where I tell you about myself so you can get to know me personally.

If you want to post any questions, or anything you're curious about in terms of me personally, anything about baseball and anything about OOTP please do so - I encourage it. However, please don't barrage me with questions about my Badgers club yet. I don't want to offend any of my players before I get a true feel for them!

Thanks -

Bobby

P.S. Theres a link to the site in my sig where a live feed will start at 6pm EST. After the show finishes - It will be archieved for your listening.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Badgers Podcast - Please Read

#2 Post by John »

Poop! I'll be teaching a class while this show is on. You can bet it'll be #1 on my list of things to check out when I get home tonight, though. To those of you who will be around, by all means get involved with this. Bobby, is there some kind of toll-free number that people can use to call in, or is there a chat interface for them to enter in questions?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Cole »

There is a chat interface but I think you have to have an account to use it. However, I'll log onto AIM during it. My s/n is OfficerTimFisher. Anyone can shoot me an IM on there. To warn you though - it's going to be relatively quick - don't plan on being on for more than 10 or 15 minutes tonight as I'm going to be working from home on some tax returns.

There is a call in number. However, I don't think that it is toll-free - that's why normally I plan my podcasts for weekends so people can call in for free from cell phones. I'm not sure - I use Skype for my calls. And I use Skype to call in and broadcast my show.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Steel Dragons

#4 Post by Steel Dragons »

I had messed around a bit with blogtalk radio for a sim league I used to be in and while I'm not 100% positive on this, I think any listener with a mic and speakers can click a link and "call in" via the internet with no charge. Maybe I'll be able to give a definite answer later tonight. :grin:
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by klewis »

Have fun with the podcast! Like John, I'll be missing it as well (work). I'll definitely check out the archives.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Cole »

ae37jr wrote:I had messed around a bit with blogtalk radio for a sim league I used to be in and while I'm not 100% positive on this, I think any listener with a mic and speakers can click a link and "call in" via the internet with no charge. Maybe I'll be able to give a definite answer later tonight. :grin:
Yeah - I know it can be done. I get a lot of callers on my other podcast that way. I don't know if you need a Blogtalk account or not.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Tyler »

Can't make it live, but I'll listen when I get home!
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Cole »

The archieve has been loaded. I rambled a lot but I guess that's what you do when you're on the air by yourself.

I'll "pimp" out my podcast in the future with music and sounds but for now - it's pretty plain! Enjoy.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Just finished listening to the broadcast, and I completely loved it! First question: Do you know if there's a way to get a link to that broadcast on our homepage? I see links for "RSS feeds" and I'm thinking that's the way to do it, but at the moment I'm not exactly sure. Of course I could just get off my lazy butt and research the answer myself. :D And now a few thoughts off the top of my head:
  • Believe it or not, I like the Steelers. I know I'm not supposed to, but I've always respected them. They seem like a model organization. Honestly, I wish the Browns were run that well. Plus they were one of just two teams (Buffalo being the other) that voted to prevent the old Browns from moving to Baltimore, so extra credit there.
  • I also have a soft spot for the Pirates, so we're two-for-two. I spent a lot of time at the U. of Pitt several years ago visited PNC Park a number of times. It's absolutely beautiful; I'd actually rank it just a notch above Progressive Field due to the view of the rivers and the bridges. Hunnington is going to be great for the team. I hold Shapiro in the highest regard, and Hunnington is from that tree. I expect him to do you proud.
  • Make it three-for-three: I really can't stand the Buckeyes. Of course I don't have the guts to say that without a spoiler tag. :-o
  • Your girlfriend may complain, but at least she puts up with your hobby!
  • Hey, a fellow weightlifter! That reminds me; I'm going to have to add to our "Working out" thread over our offseason.
  • Thanks for the kudos on Aurora's record, though to be honest it's something I'm looking to change going forward. You're right; there are some very lopsided winning percentages in the league right now. That's not completely surprising since we're not yet three full years removed from our league's "big bang". I fully expect that to even out as we progress, and I'll be steering towards that goal in a number of different ways.
  • I'd love to join you on a future broadcast. Now I won't be around during the 6:00 PM ET hour on weekdays, but I'm sure we can find some common time at some point. Tyler of West Virginia would probably welcome the opportunity as well; I know he had interest in doing a podcast.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Cole »

I read the first page of the workout thread - and was embarrassed for the old Badgers GM lol - had to change my sig a little bit to be sure I wasn't mistaken for him lol. But anyways - I'm glad you liked the podcast. I'm entirely too social - that 15 minute podcast felt like it was 2 minutes long - I probably could've gone on talking to myself for another hour or two.

Then I went back to work and just got done about 30 mins ago. Nothing like a 14 hour day of work... :(
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by klewis »

I finally got a chance to listen to your podcast. Good informative intro. Since you won't take shots at the Cleveland Browns, I'll attempt to take one. Don't worry about taking shots about the Browns... most of them are Raven fans.

Since PEBA does live broadcasts of games such as postseason, I'd like to see a combo of podcast + broadcast for a live play by play take on a postseason game. Or maybe a live draft analysis take.

I don't know who came up with the nickname but I like the tune of the "Subpar League" aka SL.

Interesting that you never played an online league with scouting on. I find it more dynamic and fun with scouts on. (I could care less about doctors and coaches but that's another topic of discussion).

You mention you're not really a writer but who knows maybe PEBA will unlock the inner writer out of you :grin:

By the way if you are a Battlestar Galactica or Dungeons & Dragons fan, you'll fit right in!
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Duane »

From what I have seen looking into other league, scouting is not included. Seems that the public does not like this scouting thing. But then those leagues are more on a level playing field with all markets and media contracts being equal.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Aaron Tassano

#13 Post by Aaron Tassano »

I'm new here, and just ran into this randomly. Great stuff.
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#14 Post by Cole »

Thank you sir!
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Aaron Tassano

#15 Post by Aaron Tassano »

Now I'm waiting for the George Crocker retrospective/tribute. What a blow...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”