Cannot download league file

Rudel.Dietrich

Cannot download league file

#1 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

I am unable to update the league file through the game. I use the appropriate option and it begins to download. However it takes a very very long time and usualy at the 88% mark it hangs up and then gives me a error message. It has been very frustrating. Any suggestions?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot download league file

#2 Post by John »

Hmmm, that shouldn't be the case. No one else has reported that kind of problem. Any other new LRS owners having trouble importing the new file in-game?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Rudel.Dietrich

#3 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

I did fall a few sims behind and my current in game date in 8-20 could that maybe have a impact on the problem?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Rudel.Dietrich wrote:I did fall a few sims behind and my current in game date in 8-20 could that maybe have a impact on the problem?
I wouldn't think that would cause a problem, but I suppose it's possible. Check your PM; hopefully the solution is waiting there for you.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Rudel.Dietrich

#5 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

It keeps timing out at exactly 88%, I will just use your suggestion and manualy update it.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Maulers »

Hey Rudel; I've actually abandoned the in-game update of the league file altogether. I was having the same kind of problems that you were, but I noticed that the manual download, while taking more steps, was actually much quicker (less than 20 minutes as opposed to the 45 or 50 that it took to update, when successful, in game).
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Hitmen »

The main problems I had with things hanging with OOTP was an overly aggressive antivirus scan, which also affected me loading up the game file (not just downloading) sometimes.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Rudel.Dietrich

#8 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

Still having problems updating my leauge file. This does not happen in any other league.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

For now I'm going to say it's something that will hopefully clear up once you have a team assignment. I can't think of anything more to suggest since no one else has the problem. If the problem does persist after you've been assigned a team, then we will indeed have a problem and we can see if there's a remedy to be found on the OOTP tech forum.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Rudel.Dietrich

#10 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

Still having problems getting the file through the game. Maybe after I get a GM account and enter a password and export I will be able too. If not like you said John we will kick this over to tech support and see what happens.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Ghosts »

this thread is giving me major flashbacks to our inaugural season! the good news is that every technical issue is solvable, you just need to figure out how it all works best for your computer and stick to that.

i know that every once in awhile my computer does the same thing because the internet connection times out. sometimes the download even freezes and ootp is listed as "not responding" but then it magically unsticks itself and continues to download.

you probably feel like killing me for saying it, but keep trying different things and eventually it will work.

good luck!
Mike Branda

#12 Post by Mike Branda »

John: How's it looking for a league file tonite?

I only ask because if it gets delayed, I won't be back around until April 1. So don't think I've gone AWOL.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by John »

Blue wrote:John: How's it looking for a league file tonite?

I only ask because if it gets delayed, I won't be back around until April 1. So don't think I've gone AWOL.
I'm working feverishly to get it ready for this evening. If I release it late tonight, will you have time to make your moves and export?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Branda

#14 Post by Mike Branda »

ya, that should be fine. I'll be around all day tomorrow.
Rudel.Dietrich

#15 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

I still have to download the league file and unzip it myself. It is not that big of a hassle but it would be nice to be able to get the file from the game itself.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”