New features for OOTP 10!

Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New features for OOTP 10!

#31 Post by Leones »

Badgers wrote:I'd like to see guys with only 1 or 2 good pitches struggle as SP's as the game goes on and essentially only be useable as relievers - wheras guys with a bunch of good pitches make good starters even if their ratings (Stuff Move Cont) aren't quite as high as guys with fewer pitches.

I'd also like to see the endurance rating totally eliminated from the game. But hey, that's just one man's opinion. I doubt we'll ever see that endurance rating go away.
I think you're right for the most part, but I think that Endurance should still be in the game as a rapidly changing rating to model the effect of stretching guys out for longer appearances. Also everyone should have a max endurance that would be used when they were used as a starting pitcher, to show the differences between guys like Halladay or Sabathia and someone like Rich Harden, who is just as good a pitcher, but less valuable because he does not go as far into games. Hopefully the new pitching model pushes the game in that direction.

As for the other stuff: :-L
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#32 Post by John »

Today Markus announced that he's shooting for an early May release of OOTP X. That seems a bit optimistic to me, but since he's saying it I figure I better report it. If that schedule actually does hold, it would put us in a position where converting to OOTP X for our 2011 season would be a viable possibility. We'll just have to see what happens.

By the way, beta testing is going very well. I think you'll all be quite pleased with the finished product.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Evas »

From what I've ready, this next version sounds great.

Coming from the Baseball Mogul world, it is great to see a developer that makes real and important improvements every version.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by klewis »

Good to hear some updated news. I'm personally looking forward to see if the arbitration/compensation process works properly.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#35 Post by John »

A new OOTP X newsletter is out. There are 3 new screenshots included. Check out those beautiful HTML reports! Those of you who watch saved replays should appreciate the new widget system.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#36 Post by Cole »

Yeah - I got that e-mail this morning - the pitching stuff looks pretty neat. Any word as to how the # of pitches will effect things. Eg - will a 2-3 pitch SP be less effective than say a 5 pitch SP? I know in the past, pitches were cosmetic and didn't really effect things.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#37 Post by John »

I'm pretty sure Markus has said that the number of pitches in a pitcher's arsenal will factor into his success.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#38 Post by Cole »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I'm pretty sure Markus has said that the number of pitches in a pitcher's arsenal will factor into his success.
Hm - okay, I'll have to evaluate my SP's then - I know in my other league my Ace only has 2 pitches - Fastball, Changeup - That could be trouble!
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by klewis »

According to Markus, OOTP 10 will be released the first week of June. Preorder date ends on May 27. I am not sure if this is old news or not but I noticed one of the pictures..... that now injury recovery times are not set in stone.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#40 Post by John »

Here's the official newsletter. You have 5 days to pre-order OOTP X and receive a $10 discount. At some point this will become the platform for the PEBA, so I recommend diving in now and getting a cheaper rate!

Injury setbacks are just one of the myriad of new features included in the new game. I can't discuss everything that's in there, but I can give my recommendation that you place your pre-orders now. Even before the PEBA converts over, you'll be having a blast playing solo!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Leones »

Has there been any official word on what effect certain pitching ratings will have when the league is converted? I'm mainly talking about the stats that are largely cosmetic in OOTP 9, velocity and the pitches that each pitcher has. I know they'll have a greater effect in OOTP X but it seems like taking them into account when converting could change how effective a lot of pitchers are.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#42 Post by John »

Battousai wrote:Has there been any official word on what effect certain pitching ratings will have when the league is converted? I'm mainly talking about the stats that are largely cosmetic in OOTP 9, velocity and the pitches that each pitcher has. I know they'll have a greater effect in OOTP X but it seems like taking them into account when converting could change how effective a lot of pitchers are.
There has not been official word, no. I know the answer to your question but unfortunately I can't answer it until the game is released. What I can say is that this has been an area of focus for the beta team.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by klewis »

Not really a productive post but I just wanted to say that it was cool to see that people are respectfully credited in the credits section for contributing to the game. You are famous now John!

Edit: I see a "bureaucratic" name too :grin:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#44 Post by John »

Ha, I'm in there, eh? I haven't installed the game yet so I haven't seen the credits. I'm telling you guys, though: you're gonna like the new platform. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#45 Post by klewis »

I haven't even ran a league yet (solo play bores me). But I must say the game "appears" to load faster. I'm sure we'll see a PEBA test league in the near future. I remember joining PEBA at the time we were doing the 100 years sim with OOTP 9. I am guessing Skydog will make modifiers here too. But from what I read, it appears the Tango/Aging/Developmental curves are better this version... so probably less tweaking.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”