New features for OOTP 10!

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New features for OOTP 10!

#16 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:Hey John, have you received any directions yet?
Nope, they haven't released the beta yet and I'm not participating in the MLB roster work. Hopefully we'll get something later this week.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by John »

And speak of the Devil; looks like they've just set up the Beta Team forum. Should have permission to view it by tomorrow, and I expect the first beta version will be showing up shortly.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Hitmen »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:And speak of the Devil
No Beta for you if you keep referring to Markus as "the Devil" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:grin:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by John »

A request for all of you: The Beta Team now has access to Bugzilla, the system used to track bugs within the game. I would really love to compile a list of outstanding bugs in OOTP 9 so that I can be ready to hunt them down when the first beta build arrives.

You can help by PMing me a list of bugs that you're aware of in OOTP 9. Don't post them in this thread! Let's leave this place for the posting of (and reaction to) official announcements of new features in OOTP 10. Send me you lists via PM so I can get them entered into my personal database.

A "bug" can be cover a broad range of issues. Certainly technical issues like crashes, inability to access in-game functions, etc., are of particularly high interest. Also of interest are things that don't work as they do in real life (i.e. draft compensation). The bugs don't have to be limited to your PEBA experience; things you notice in other leagues (including solo) are worth mentioning as well.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by John »

John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by klewis »

Wow I'm loving the new pitching system (hopefully it works as intended).

Slightly off topic.... I have not played OOTP that long but I think in years past, Markus did not update the game yearly? I think OOTP8 was just a slight update from OOTP2007? It basically used OOTP 2007's engine.

OOTP9 behaves quite different than its predecessor. It appears OOTP10 will behave quite differently too. It almost seems like Markus will be releasing iterations each year.

If OOTP10 improves dramatically on OOTP9, I'm open to upgrading. I just wonder though if it comes to the point where we upgrade each year to the point where it impacts the cohesion of the league (i.e. relearning the game's system year in and year out). Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm still stoked about the pitching system, arbitration, and improved injury system.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#22 Post by John »

To the best of my knowledge, Markus has always made significant yearly updates to the game. The "jump" from OOTP 2007 to OOTP 8 was a special case scenario brought on by OOTP Developments' split from Sports Interactive. Markus would no longer be receiving profits from the sale of OOTP 2007, so OOTP 8 (which was just a slightly tweaked version of 2007) was released so he could continue to reap a profit from the game.

I'm not too concerned with how changes to the game affect the league. I look at them not so much as cohesion problems but as augmentations to the league's reality and flexibility. Besides, we'll all be experiencing the same learning curve, so it's not a situation where just a certain subset of owners will be disadvantaged during an upgrade. I find the whole process rather exciting, to be honest!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#23 Post by Matt »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:And speak of the Devil (again): Looks like we've got a boatload of fresh OOTP 10 news!
After reading the new features, I have to go wipe the drool away.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#24 Post by John »

Calzones wrote:After reading the new features, I have to go wipe the drool away.
I had the same reaction. :-L
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#25 Post by Denny »

Whoa....how long has there been a Linux version? Has that always been available? 8-o

The one downside is that I will definitely need to upgrade from my current machine to run OOTPX, as the minimum Mac requires a G4 processor while I have just a vintage G3. :-[
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#26 Post by John »

Codgers wrote:Whoa....how long has there been a Linux version? Has that always been available? 8-o
They first released it during the OOTP 9 cycle, so it's relatively new.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#27 Post by Nigel »

The pitching model just blows me away! This will make things MUCH more realistic. I'm really excited about this. I thought 9 was a huge step in the right direction. Hopefully 10 is another huge leap.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Tyler »

Reading the full list of features pretty much blew my mind.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#29 Post by Cole »

I'd like to see guys with only 1 or 2 good pitches struggle as SP's as the game goes on and essentially only be useable as relievers - wheras guys with a bunch of good pitches make good starters even if their ratings (Stuff Move Cont) aren't quite as high as guys with fewer pitches.

I'd also like to see the endurance rating totally eliminated from the game. But hey, that's just one man's opinion. I doubt we'll ever see that endurance rating go away.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Hitmen »

It's an interesting step with the pitching model...I just hope it's thoroughly tested.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”