New features for OOTP 10!

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

New features for OOTP 10!

#1 Post by John »

Markus tends to be tight-lipped about game development, so this quote below qualifies as the dam bursting:
OK, an update.

The following things have been fixed in the meantime:
- FA compensation: There is now a supplemental round in the draft, and the compensation rules follow real life.
- Arbitration: You now submit contract amounts, and the arbitrator decides. If no offer is made, the player becomes a FA. Super-2 players are supported as well. Also, 'normal' potential free agents have to be offered arbitration as well if you want to get a compensation pick, following current MLB rules.
- The AI is now more agressive claiming players from waivers.
- Pitching prospects are valued higher now
- Improved player creation code (more utility players and position ratings make more sense now)
- Improved player development (removed player performance in the calculation if a talent change happens)
- Players are now more likely to test free agency (less extensions = better FA class)
- Improved injuries... more short-term, less long-term (I'll look into the CEI later)

That's it for now... I'll continue to keep you posted on the progress
The boldfaced portions appeal to me in particular. I am totally stoked over the new arbitration and FA compensation system. It's finally going to be useful to part with Type A free agents! And any improvement in the player development system is to be welcomed, for sure.

While I'm mentioning OOTP 10 updates, those of you who appreciate the fine team art of the PEBA universe will be pleased to know that the HTML reports are getting a facelift. Team logos are going to get bigger, which makes me very happy; after spending lots of time making them, I don't want to have to squint to see them! Here's the latest draft of how the new reports might look.

Though I don't expect updates to be coming fast and furious, I'll update this thread if/when information becomes available. So... what do you think of the new updates? Anything in particular got you excited?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New features for OOTP 10!

#2 Post by Tyler »

The FA fix, arbitration fix, and improved injuries jump off the page at me. This game just keeps getting better.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Coqui »

Not sure you chose the right form of "dam" there :-? Unless this is a National Lampoon's thing.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Longshoremen wrote:Not sure you chose the right form of "dam" there :-? Unless this is a National Lampoon's thing.
Oh, fer cryin' out loud... fixed. :lol:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Bill »

I like the removal of performance from the talent calculation and the addition of arbitration, but I really like the new FA compensation. That's a layer I really felt was missing from the game, and there's not many places you can say that about OOTP. I'm not 100% sure I like more players testing free agency, but I'm sure it will all work into another great product from OOTP. Do we know when this is due to come out? I'm too lazy to look it up myself.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

There's no release date announced yet. If I were to take a wild guess, I'd expect it sometime in July. Total speculation on my part, though. And of course it'll be a little bit from whenever it comes out before we migrate over. I'll want to make sure it's a stable platform before making the transition. Perhaps being on the Beta Team will and having a chance to test the game out ahead of time will give me enough confidence to make the move more quickly than I otherwise would.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by klewis »

Those are some very nice changes. The FA compensation is groundbreaking for OOTP.

Probably my favorite tweak would be the change to the injury systems. It will be nice to see more realistic short term injuries rather as compared to the system currently.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Rudel.Dietrich

#8 Post by Rudel.Dietrich »

More players hitting FA appeals to me greatly. That is always a problem I felt OOTP had was that FA classes were always very poor since far too many players simply stayed with their teams.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Praise the Lord!
Markus Heinsohn wrote:Update: OOTP 10 will feature a minor league DL
This was a nice start to my morning.
:slugger:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Praise the Lord!
No [redacted] way!

*dances in the streets*
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Maulers »

This is great! No more stuffing injured players at ss-A! Yippee!
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#12 Post by Cole »

Thank goodness the long term injuries are being toned down. Thats been a big issue in my other league and my solo league.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by DanD »

Speaking of injuries in solo leagues... I made a league to test some artwork out and decided to sim a month or so. I think the date was 4/19 and I already had two of my top players on the 60 day DL with 12 month injures :(

A side note: I didn't pay too much attention to my minors and didn't realize that my Rookie league affiliate started playing on the same day the big league club did. I also didn't realize the auto-draft didn't draft a single pitcher past the A-ball level. So yeah, poor 3B Chris Gomez has 25 starts in April and has thrown 149 innings in one month. Still, the team managed to go 8-17 and isn't in last place :-P
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Hitmen »

I like the arbitration idea...I just wish there was a mechanism to actually present your case to the arbitrator and tell him just how pathetic your players are and how they should be grateful just to get a paycheck =P
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Duane »

WOO HOO ...

Hey John, have you received any directions yet?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”