Any other interesting historical tidbits?

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any other interesting historical tidbits?

#1 Post by klewis »

I'm still under my first season with PEBA so but by working on the Trade Talley, it has given me a chance to pick up on some PEBA history.

I noticed unexplicably the New Jersey Gothic Knights became the Hitmen. Also apparently we had a San Luis Obispo team? Are there any other fun facts about PEBA? I'm guessing John or someone has plans on expanding our historical section some day.

By the way, the Trade Talley is moving along. Hopefully I'll be done with 2007 soon and can move to 2008.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any other interesting historical tidbits?

#2 Post by John »

I don't think the owners yet know what the "Trade Tally" is. I'm waiting to announce it until we're deeper into the project. (/me cracks the whip on Kevin and Tyler... get to work, you rats!) ;)

Several franchises went through both owner and name changes at the very start of our league. As part of the historical project we're undertaking, I'm working on a list of all the owners/franchise names in our league's history. Here's a list of name changes that I believe is complete:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Any other interesting historical tidbits?

#3 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I don't think the owners yet know what the "Trade Tally" is. I'm waiting to announce it until we're deeper into the project. (/me cracks the whip on Kevin and Tyler... get to work, you rats!) ;)
:-[
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”