Last call for OOTP 10 Beta Team applications

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Last call for OOTP 10 Beta Team applications

#1 Post by John »

battists over at the OOTP forums has just posted that applicants for the OOTP 10 Beta Team will be contacted by email in the next week or two. There's still time to fill out an application, though. Acceptance onto the Beta Team means you'll be asked to "stress test" various areas of the program to probe for bugs, then report those bugs into the central database so that Markus can squash 'em dead. There's a portion of the application that lets you specify the area(s) you're interested in testing. So what's in it for you? Check it out:
  • A free copy of the game
  • Access to inside information about the game
  • Your name added to the game's credits list (if you wish it)
  • The ability to shape the development of this game we enjoy so much
For me, #4 is the most intriguing. And yes, I've applied for the team myself. Join us, won't you? :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Last call for OOTP 10 Beta Team applications

#2 Post by John »

I don't know if anyone took this up, but tonight I received confirmation that I will be a part of the OOTP 10 Beta Team. I have to fax in my NDA tomorrow. Unfortunately that NDA means I won't be able to share details about the upcoming game, but at least I'll have a hand in aiding its development. Looks like things will get rolling in February. I currently don't know what area of focus I'm being assigned to; guess I'll find that out when the beta forums open at the end of this month. I'm looking forward to the process. It's a great game we've got here; if there's anything I can do to insure the next version comes out in tip-top shape, I'm happy to help.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Badgers

#3 Post by Badgers »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I don't know if anyone took this up, but tonight I received confirmation that I will be a part of the OOTP 10 Beta Team. I have to fax in my NDA tomorrow. Unfortunately that NDA means I won't be able to share details about the upcoming game, but at least I'll have a hand in aiding its development. Looks like things will get rolling in February. I currently don't know what area of focus I'm being assigned to; guess I'll find that out when the beta forums open at the end of this month. I'm looking forward to the process. It's a great game we've got here; if there's anything I can do to insure the next version comes out in tip-top shape, I'm happy to help.
This just means you have to keep holding our hands when we have issues with the game. :mrgreen:
James Bowman

#4 Post by James Bowman »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I don't know if anyone took this up, but tonight I received confirmation that I will be a part of the OOTP 10 Beta Team. I have to fax in my NDA tomorrow. Unfortunately that NDA means I won't be able to share details about the upcoming game, but at least I'll have a hand in aiding its development. Looks like things will get rolling in February. I currently don't know what area of focus I'm being assigned to; guess I'll find that out when the beta forums open at the end of this month. I'm looking forward to the process. It's a great game we've got here; if there's anything I can do to insure the next version comes out in tip-top shape, I'm happy to help.
This is great news John! Congratulations. ;-D
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by klewis »

Congrats John! I'm sure you will do us proud.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Maulers »

An honor well deserved, John.
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Duane »

I too have been invited to TEST :-o
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:I too have been invited to TEST :-o
That's awesome Duane! I'll be seeing you on the OOTP beta forum! :grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by klewis »

Congrats Duane! Just try to not let drunken Bill near the testing.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”