Random Question?

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Random Question?

#16 Post by Zephyrs »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Thanks guys, both for the feedback and the kind words. Donations are always welcome but are absolutely not required. In all honesty, server upkeep through AllSimBaseball is very reasonable and I don't mind paying it. The fun I have with this league makes it completely worth it. I can assure you this much: as long as I'm running the show, no one will be required to pay a fee for upkeep costs.

I'm still interested in hearing owner opinions on a pay-to-play setup that pays out money for both winning and participation. We've heard a couple nay votes - are there any owners who like the idea? Do you believe the stakes would be enjoyably raised for you if you put in, say, $20 at the start of each season and had the chance to win $200 in championship money and $300 in participation money? Or would it be an undue financial burden and/or a distraction from your casual enjoyment of the PEBA? Do share your opinions with us.
I'm torn between it; I do know that if the fee was considerable I probably wouldn't simply for economic reasons(I blow enough money as it is, my wife would probably kick my arse if I was spending $100 a year on OOTP online leagues hehe)

but I am a bigtime fantasy football owner and pay a fee for that---and it DEFINITELY makes me more interested in it than if I wasn't paying the fee; it also makes the thrill of victory and agony of defeat(which I know well) much more intense

And that was the intent of the other league's fees really----to help create a system where you have dedicated, caring owners; and as a handful of owners in that league have voiced, they don't feel they should have to do that---they feel they are dedicated and caring anyway

I will say that if I stick around this league, I plan on making a donation----nothing to dislike about it so far(except I really dislike the makeup of my team---which is absolutely not a PEBA issue, that's a Tenpinner issue, and not a slam against the former owner; I just have some work to do in the offseason to make it the way I want it)
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Tyler »

I would definitely prefer that there be no financial commitment to PEBA. I have too many hobbies that eat up all my free time (and time I should be working), and too many hobbies that cost too much money. I've tried to consolidate them recently, and OOTP stays on the list because it's quite cheap. I'm in two leagues, have tons of solo leagues, and all for about $60 so far over a little more than one year. Although a small amount of money, it's one I'd like to keep as small as possible.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#18 Post by Dinosaurs »

Count me in against any pay to play format. I simply find it enjoyable to run a franchise, I don't think there needs to be money at risk. Like others have said, I do fantasy sports for the money.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”