Post your interesting Spring Training stories

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post your interesting Spring Training stories

#1 Post by John »

Noticed an interesting stat line, box score, or any other tidbit from the first 10 days of Spring Training? Post it here! I'll try to gather up as much as I can and make a post on the main page about them before Thursday night's sim.

I'll start with one of my own: holy @!#$, was it cold in Canton! 25 degrees with the wind blowing in at 11 MPH. Why can't we be playing in Florida? Aren't we supposed to be the boys of summer?

I can see it now... LF Chris Weaver, out 18 months: Amputation of right index finger (frostbite)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Denny »

My defensive backup catcher hit a three-run homer in the Codgers' very first game of ST :o

If he keeps doing that in the regular season maybe he won't stay the backup! :D
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Post your interesting Spring Training stories

#3 Post by Denny »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I'll start with one of my own: holy @!#$, was it cold in Canton! 25 degrees with the wind blowing in at 11 MPH. Why can't we be playing in Florida? Aren't we supposed to be the boys of summer?
I did find it a little odd that spring training games just happen in teams' regular stadiums. I don't know if there's any provision for it in OOTP, but having Cactus/Grapefruit League equivalents would be more fun. And does playing games in the cold weather like that increase the risk of injury, I wonder?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Sadly there is no way to setup Cactus/Grapefruit-style leagues in OOTP. As far as injuries go, no, playing in the cold doesn't increase the likelihood of injuries to the best of my knowledge. However, there is an overall slightly higher chance for injuries in Spring Training (due to players not being "warmed up" yet).
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Coqui »

Real life Canton is much worse than that, I'll assure you. We issude ColdGear uniforms to our players... to wear on the walk in from the car.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”