Hello all!

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Hello all!

#1 Post by Zephyrs »

My name is Jay Harvill and I am the new owner of the Reno franchise.'

I'll be sure to start writing some articles once I learn my team a bit better, but here is a bit about myself.

33 years old, married with a 5 month old baby; I live in Mansfield, Texas(just south of Arlington, TX), so I'm about 20 minutes away from the Ballpark in Arlington, home to my Rangers---go ahead and laugh away :(

Graduate of the Univ. of Oklahoma, I am a high school teacher and fastpitch softball coach at a school of about 2,200 kids. So being a new dad and a coach/teacher, there are definitely times when I'll have alot of time to contribute to the league; and other times, where I won't :)

I have played OOTP for years and years now and have been involved in online leagues since version 6. The only other league I'm in right now is the World Baseball Hierarchy(a promotion/relegation league), as owner of the Ciudad Bolivar Liberators. (thats a city in Venezuela). My other leagues in the past year or so have folded, so I'm excited to join a league that's established with active owners.

Feel free to reply to the post---any and all info or advice about the PEBA will be greatly appreciated. Take care!
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Hello all!

#2 Post by Tyler »

Welcome to PEBA, Jay! We're glad to have you on board. I can't remember off the top of my head who it is (EDIT: I knew it was Paul all along :lol: ) but I think we've got another Ranger fan on these boards, so you're not alone.

If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I think you'll find the boards, and the league, to be a helpful, friendly place. :D
Last edited by Tyler on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Hi Jay! We're thrilled to have you on board with us. I think you'll find this to be a great group of guys. I can honestly say I view everyone in this league as a personal friend. It's incredibly fun to compete against people you like spending time with. We're lucky to have that here and I think you'll really enjoy being a part of it.

Don't worry about being a Rangers fan: Paul of New Orleans is one as well. We've got a good number of Indians fans here so there sure to be a bit of good-natured ribbing, but if any of them get too uppity you can just ask when they last witnessed the Tribe win the World Series in their lifetime. ;)

I hope everyone will take a moment to welcome Jay, answer his questions and get him up to speed on all the goings-on in the PEBA!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by DanD »

Hi Jay! Welcome aboard!

It looks like my status as 'newest member' was short lived! I've not even been here a week yet and I'm already enjoying myself so I think you'll have some fun as well.

P.S. I'm a Minnesota Twins fan; any news from Texas about the Twins' interest in Benoit? I heard a rumor but not much about it other than they might be interested.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Matt
VIP
VIP

#5 Post by Matt »

I don't know if I should say welcome or condolences. I just got done reviewing Reno's draft. You will see the entire league recap in a few weeks if all goes well.

As a former resident of Reno and someone who hopes to move back there in the not too distant future, I can tell you the city hates your teams nickname. The National Bowling Stadium is a huge joke in Reno, and your attendance is suffering because of it.

Right now I live in Laredo, Texas, but I drive a truck and pass by your neck of the woods all the time. Today in fact, having left San Antonio with a load headed up to New York. If the Tempe owner gets down this way to visit next season, we might have to all hook up for a game at the Ballpark. Tempe is a Mets fan, so he's used to bad baseball.

Anyway, good luck with the Reno squad. You'll need it after this last draft.
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Jason »

Glad to see yet another new owner join our ranks. However, as an Oklahoma grad living in Texas, Jay may be facing bigger issues than the talent packed Desert Hills.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by klewis »

Hey welcome to PEBA! I'm an A's fan myself so I get to see the Rangers all too much with them being in the division and all. Good luck with your Reno franchise. I'm sure you will have a good fun ride with PEBA.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Maulers »

Welcome, Jay! And congratulations on the newborn!
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Maulers wrote:Welcome, Jay! And congratulations on the newborn!
Jeff of Manchester has a couple little ones of his own, so the two of you can swap parenting horror stories. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Maulers »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Jeff of Manchester has a couple little ones of his own, so the two of you can swap parenting horror stories. :D
But parenting is all roses and light, isn't it? :?
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Zephyrs »

Bureaucrats wrote:Hi Jay! Welcome aboard!

It looks like my status as 'newest member' was short lived! I've not even been here a week yet and I'm already enjoying myself so I think you'll have some fun as well.

P.S. I'm a Minnesota Twins fan; any news from Texas about the Twins' interest in Benoit? I heard a rumor but not much about it other than they might be interested.
you can have him :) he was a basketcase in 08 after a great 07....he doesn't trust his stuff enough to throw strikes when he needs to
Joined September 2010
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#12 Post by Zephyrs »

Calzones wrote:I don't know if I should say welcome or condolences. I just got done reviewing Reno's draft. You will see the entire league recap in a few weeks if all goes well.

As a former resident of Reno and someone who hopes to move back there in the not too distant future, I can tell you the city hates your teams nickname. The National Bowling Stadium is a huge joke in Reno, and your attendance is suffering because of it.

Right now I live in Laredo, Texas, but I drive a truck and pass by your neck of the woods all the time. Today in fact, having left San Antonio with a load headed up to New York. If the Tempe owner gets down this way to visit next season, we might have to all hook up for a game at the Ballpark. Tempe is a Mets fan, so he's used to bad baseball.

Anyway, good luck with the Reno squad. You'll need it after this last draft.
yeah by looking at Reno's players in the minors it looked like he was trying to be in last place for years to come lol
Joined September 2010
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#13 Post by Zephyrs »

Cyclones wrote:Glad to see yet another new owner join our ranks. However, as an Oklahoma grad living in Texas, Jay may be facing bigger issues than the talent packed Desert Hills.
thats not as bad as being married to a UT fan...especially after all of the BCS mess
Joined September 2010
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#14 Post by Zephyrs »

Maulers wrote:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
But parenting is all roses and light, isn't it? :?
oh yeah, that's why I'm awake at 6:00 AM on a Saturday :oops:

honestly, its a blast
Joined September 2010
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Reg »

Welcome, Jay, yeah I am the other Rangers fan, I used to work in Burleson, so I know Mansfield well...

welcome to the league and good luck

PT
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”