Hello Everyone!

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hello Everyone!

#1 Post by DanD »

Hi Everybody!

I'm excited to be the newest member of the PEBA and wanted to introduce myself a bit since I will be taking over ownership of the the Arlington Bureaucrats.

My name is Dan and I am in my senior year at the Rochester Institute of Technology(NY). I'm also a HUGE baseball fanatic (Go Twins!) and like to keep up-to-date on MLB and Minnesota Twins news year round.

I've been playing OOTP9 for a little while now after migrating over from Baseball Mogul and decided to try my hand at competing against other human GMs after enjoying the single-player portion of the game.

I look forward to competing against all of you as well as contributing to the PEBA in any way I can.

Feel free to ask questions if there is anything you want to know about me!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Hello Everyone!

#2 Post by Duane »

Didn't realize we had an open team ... you are not an asassin are you?

Welcome, and be sure to remember that the IL RULES!!!!!
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by klewis »

Hi Dan, welcome aboard. This is my first season with PEBA also. I think you will find this place enjoyable with plenty of atmosphere. Have fun with the league and get those writing creative juices flowing.

For the record, I'm an A's fan. Our teams have had some great series in the recent years. Hopefully my A's will rebound and be back in the hunt in the upcoming years. I'm always impressed by those pesky Twins who always find a way to win despite losing key players.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Tyler »

Welcome aboard, Dan! It's good to hear from a fan of another team in the Central - I'm one of the many Indians fans you'll find on this board, although after 2.5 in-game years we've started to dwindle in number from owner turnover... :shock:

So howzabout trading me that Bender guy for the macho Pancho Martinez? :-B
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by DanD »

Intriguing offer.... if you're willing to add Wilbur O'Billry to the deal we might be might be getting somewhere :grin:
(In all fairness, it looks like O'Billry has a cannon for an arm and knows what he's doing out in right-field :D )
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Maulers »

Welcome Dan! I must concur with Tyler, however, that the ratio of Indians fans to non-Indians fans is getting disconcertingly low. We might be down to 10 or less! (gasp!)
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
James Bowman

#7 Post by James Bowman »

Hello and welcome Dan! I officially pass the torch of newbies over to you. :)

Best of luck to you, and oh, since we're talking trades already, Mr. Alibi would look great in Statesmen red. :)
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by klewis »

You guys (Indians fans) are becoming instinct!

I'm not old enough to remember the good old days of the Indians (are there even good old days for the Indians?!?) but I do remember the days of Albert Belle, Manny, Thome, the Alomar brothers, Carlos Baerga, Matt Williams, wasn't El Presidente Dennis Martinez on your team too?

Being an A's fan, the only Indians highlight I do get to see is Ray Fosse reminiscing about his Indians days. They always bring up the highlight where Ray Fosse gets blown up by Pete Rose in the All-Star game.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Tyler »

Bureaucrats wrote:Intriguing offer.... if you're willing to add Wilbur O'Billry to the deal we might be might be getting somewhere :grin:
(In all fairness, it looks like O'Billry has a cannon for an arm and knows what he's doing out in right-field :D )
He knows what he's doing so well that we've given him the chance to do it in AAA for the rest of the season. :wink:
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by DanD »

Coal Sox wrote:He knows what he's doing so well that we've given him the chance to do it in AAA for the rest of the season. :wink:
At least he gets the consolation of having the best name on the Mohicans' roster!

I have several friends at school who are Indians fans from the Cleveland area so we have a friendly rivalry going. :D I do think that the Indians are very close to making a serious run at the Division. They have a lot of young players who have a ton of talent. Oh, and they have that Cliff Lee guy too.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Alan Ehlers

#11 Post by Alan Ehlers »

Welcome aboard,
Tempe is my team and the New York Mets are my favorite team so no Indian merchandise around here. I am always willing to trade so if you are interested in anyone let me know
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Tyler »

Bureaucrats wrote:I do think that the Indians are very close to making a serious run at the Division. They have a lot of young players who have a ton of talent. Oh, and they have that Cliff Lee guy too.
Very close? We had the best record in baseball in '07, mister! (^)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by DanD »

So you did! I totally forgot about 2007 actually. The Twins had an awful showing that year after a promising 2006 so I think I've repressed the entire season.

So then: Very close to making another run at the division :P
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Tyler »

Bureaucrats wrote:So you did! I totally forgot about 2007 actually. The Twins had an awful season that year after a promising 2006 so I think I've repressed the entire season.

So then: Very close to making another run at the division :P
You learn quickly, young padawan.
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by John »

Glad to have you here Dan! I'm very excited about Dan coming on board with us. If you haven't read his introductory article, you really should. For further examples of Dan's writing, check out his Minnesota Twins dynasty reports over at the official OOTP forums. Very impressive; after reading those over I was sure Dan was the kind of person that was going to make a positive contribution to the league.

I see these vultures are already probing you on trades! :lol: In all seriousness, you're going to find PEBA owners are very active in the trade market. That's great news; it provides a wonderful avenue for improving your team. Don't hesitate to use it. I'm sure you'll find offers to your liking before too long.

We're glad to have you, Dan, and look forward to your first export on Thursday!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”