AI goofiness

Matt
VIP
VIP

AI goofiness

#1 Post by Matt »

check out Randy Blake, SS, in the draft pool.

7 at bats, but has appeared in 38 games.

So, I am wondering what the &*(()?

I go check out the game logs. He gets put in the lineup as starting shortstop, batting LEADOFF, then gets pinch hit for before he ever gets an at bat. Every game.

Pinch hitting for the leadoff hitter in the first inning. Every game. Sounds like a strategy Tempe would employ.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

That's happening because Randy is a regular member of the starting lineup but is currently injured. Rather than replacing him in the lineup, the AI has left him penciled into the starting slot. So every time the game starts, he needs to be instantly replaced. Pretty silly, although to be fair to the AI I've already noticed one of the PEBA's own human teams employing this same "strategy" in the early going.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Duane »

Buddy Stephens???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:Buddy Stephens???
That's one instance, yes. Might as well get him out of the starting lineup and onto the 14-day DL. There's no harm placing him on the DL, and it avoids the substitution wonkiness that Matt described. Plus it opens up a 25-man roster spot. I know you mentioned in your latest article that you don't have anyone to take his place, but considering that you're running two men short on offense I'd say getting any warm body up there would be a good idea. If nothing else it'll help reduce the strain on your main starters since they'll have someone to give them a blow every now and then.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#5 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:they'll have someone to give them a blow every now and then.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Uhh, Mr. commish, can we please keep our responses as they pertain to BASEBALL and not other activities.

Thank you very much!
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Denny »

Sandgnats (Bill) wrote:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:they'll have someone to give them a blow every now and then.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Uhh, Mr. commish, can we please keep our responses as they pertain to BASEBALL and not other activities.

Thank you very much!
Heh....if that's the role of bench players it's no wonder everyone wants to be a starter! :-x

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”