Why you don't want a team of "broken" players

Matt
VIP
VIP

Why you don't want a team of "broken" players

#1 Post by Matt »

Been brought up in discussion before about the "broken" players. All average, nothing else.

Check out my AAA Joplin team stats. 3rd in average. 2nd in hits. 12th in runs scored and just about every other offensive category. Mostly out of neccessity I started the season with about 5 of those "broken" players in the lineup. I know they are not prospects, but no one at Joplin is.

A few "broken" players might come in handy, if they have speed or defense. Otherwise, I can't see keeping them around. I am weeding them out of my rosters as fast as I can other than a few I envision as defensive replacement, utility player types.

Even Julio Lara's stock has fallen after his slow start. Miguel Angel Gonzalez may see Laredo this summer if he shows continued improvement after his promotion to AAA.

There are 3 or 4 of these broken players in the draft pool who could be useful, have great speed and defense. Just don't envision them as full time starters. Subs at best, or stashed in the minors as short term emergency replacements.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

I agree completely, and it's due to this that I've decided to forego editing away these broken players. The fact of the matter is they're simply not that good. Todd Hansen represents the absolute pinnacle any of them can hope to achieve and, as nice a player as he is, he's far from perfect.

At this point they mainly irk me from a purely realism perspective. Fortunately I'm pretty sure that OOTP 9 won't generate anymore of these players, so when the current crop work their way out of the system there won't be any more coming up to replace them. And once owners catch on to what Matt's saying here, I think the current crop will be exiting the system sooner rather than later.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”