Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

#406 Post by John »

Our new league file is well on it's way! Expect it to be ready in 20 minutes.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#407 Post by John »

New file: Ready. Picture pack: No update tonight. Here's a little secret regarding pictures: say you've made a big free agent signing and you're disappointed that I haven't released a picture pack that night. Even when I don't released a pack, I still update the HTML pictures.

If you're dying to have a particular picture in your game, simply browse to the player's HTML page and save his picture to your computer. Then place that picture in your "PEBA.lg\news\html\images" folder. Voila! You've got your updated picture without a picture pack. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#408 Post by Tyler »

Something to pick me up between innings of this Tribe disaster of a season.

Only two games? What? :evil:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Badgers

#409 Post by Badgers »

Yay! I've got a DH!
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#410 Post by Maulers »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:New file: Ready. Picture pack: No update tonight. Here's a little secret regarding pictures: say you've made a big free agent signing and you're disappointed that I haven't released a picture pack that night. Even when I don't released a pack, I still update the HTML pictures.

If you're dying to have a particular picture in your game, simply browse to the player's HTML page and save his picture to your computer. Then place that picture in your "PEBA.lg\news\html\images" folder. Voila! You've got your updated picture without a picture pack. :D
Presumably, then, one could do this for an entire team, no?
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#411 Post by John »

Maulers wrote:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:New file: Ready. Picture pack: No update tonight. Here's a little secret regarding pictures: say you've made a big free agent signing and you're disappointed that I haven't released a picture pack that night. Even when I don't released a pack, I still update the HTML pictures.

Presumably, then, one could do this for an entire team, no?
One could indeed. Of course it'd be easier to keep up with the picture packs, but you can certainly do it this way if you're behind. I'll be releasing a new full pack at the start of the season.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#412 Post by John »

New league file coming a little early tonight. Should be ready by 9:15 ET. We'll be hitting the PEBA preseason Monday night. At that time I'll install the new custom schedule. Looking forward to seeing that in action this year.

REMINDER: Please check your DFA list, even in the offseason! We had several DFA issues tonight, including two where I had to juggle players on secondary rosters. Once the regular season starts I will not do this! Remember: If you sign a player to a major league contract, he'll be on your DFA. Ditto for trading for a player with a major league contract. Keep an eye on it!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#413 Post by John »

New file: Check.

A week from now we'll be reading our first PEBA box scores of 2010. Tonight we'll have to settle for reading the latest free agent signings. I can live with that. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#414 Post by John »

A new mini-picture pack is now uploaded. Use the Player Pictures link on the homepage as usual to grab this file.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#415 Post by John »

I'm getting in the habit of springing early league file releases on y'all. Don't worry: it'll be a habit quickly dropped once the games begin. :D No picture pack tonight, though. Expect one both on Wednesday and Friday.

The big news of the night is that the PEBA has reached its preseason. That's significant for two reasons:
  1. PEBA teams may now set their scouting budgets. You have until the start of the regular season to do so!
  2. The new custom PEBA regular season schedule has been installed. Have a look! I think you'll agree it's a lot more realistic and interesting than the old one generated by the game.
I'm also going to take this opportunity to announce a change to our sim schedule. I will be out of town on Monday, April 27. Therefore our two sims for that week will each be pushed back a day. Tuesday, April 28 will now be the first regular season sim for the PEBA. The next sim will be held on Friday, May 1. We will resume our normal Monday/Thursday schedule the following week.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#416 Post by John »

We've had some early sims the last few nights. Tonight's is going to be a bit on the late side. Nothing too drastic I hope, but it's looking like 10 PM ET may be the arrival time. I'll keep you posted.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#417 Post by John »

Just a little after 10 PM ET is going to be the time. Expect it to be ready about 10:10 PM. There will be a new picture pack released tonight as well.

The PEBA has arrived at Spring Training tonight. This means that PEBA active rosters have expanded to 40 players max. It also means that it's time to set your lineups, rotations and depth charts! Make sure you do this before Friday night. Box scores are just around the corner!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#418 Post by John »

The new file is up. FTP settings were changed tonight. The way my night is going, this will probably wreck havoc across the league, but hopefully the transition will be smooth and you won't have any problem importing. Also be aware that the location of our HTML reports. has changed. You'll now find them at http://allsimbaseball6.com/peba/lgreports/news/html/index.html. The link on the homepage has been updated. This is also true for the picture pack updates, which you can now find at http://allsimbaseball6.com/peba/files/images.zip. Speaking of which, a new picture pack will be available for download in about 15 minutes.

While you're here on the forums, there are a couple topics of interest you may want to check out. PEBA Fantasy Baseball has been announced and owners may begin signing up right away. Over at the Off-Topic forum, plans have begun for an owner get-together. Let us know if you think you can make it.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#419 Post by Maulers »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:The new file is up. FTP settings were changed tonight. The way my night is going, this will probably wreck havoc across the league, but hopefully the transition will be smooth and you won't have any problem importing. Also be aware that the location of our HTML reports. has changed. You'll now find them at http://allsimbaseball6.com/peba/lgreports/news/html/index.html. The link on the homepage has been updated. This is also true for the picture pack updates, which you can now find at http://allsimbaseball6.com/peba/files/images.zip. Speaking of which, a new picture pack will be available for download in about 15 minutes.

While you're here on the forums, there are a couple topics of interest you may want to check out. PEBA Fantasy Baseball has been announced and owners may begin signing up right away. Over at the Off-Topic forum, plans have begun for an owner get-together. Let us know if you think you can make it.
When I click on the league file link, here's what I get:
404 Not Found
The requested URL /lgexports/PEBA_LFMain01a.tar.gz does not exist.

Is it maybe not quite ready yet?
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#420 Post by Ghosts »

i just downloaded the file and it's still 2/12 ... am i missing something?

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”