Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

#466 Post by klewis »

Just to be clear to everyone, the database does not alter the frequency of injuries as in causing more season/career ending injuries. That remains the same. Only thing the file does is have a more realistic database.
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Featherheads wrote:I won't spoil those who have not download it yet but one brutal injury tonight :(
Oh dear. Not the way I wanted to debut the new, more realistic injury database. My sincerest condolences. :(
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Mike Branda

#467 Post by Mike Branda »

I just tried to import the new league file from within the game.

Got the old "there is no updated league file on this server" message.

Thoughts?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#468 Post by John »

Blue wrote:I just tried to import the new league file from within the game.

Thoughts?
You didn't manually download the league file during our last sim cycle, did you? That's your problem. Check your email from Wednesday. You should have a mailing explaining what you need to do.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#469 Post by Matt »

Featherheads wrote:Just to be clear to everyone, the database does not alter the frequency of injuries as in causing more season/career ending injuries. That remains the same. Only thing the file does is have a more realistic database.
Featherheads wrote:I won't spoil those who have not download it yet but one brutal injury tonight :(
Oh dear. Not the way I wanted to debut the new, more realistic injury database. My sincerest condolences. :(
Ouch on the injury. That one has to sting. I hate to see that.
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#470 Post by Nigel »

Damn :-P Very brutal injury! I hate to see that happen to Rafael. He was one of my favorites. :cry:
Sandgnats (Bill)

#471 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

My sympathies go out to London losing 3 players in the first week of spring play. (Pena, Stone, and Morrison)

But, man! Losing Rafael Hernandez after trading for him just a few PEBA months ago and not even being able to see him 1 ML game. That is absolutely brutal man! Sorry Patrick, I really feel for you. Hernandez is one of the elite relievers in all of PEBA. Now, his career is over at 25 years old!!! :-P That is horrible! Who knows, maybe the troops will rally despite his absence.

Good luck!
Mike Branda

#472 Post by Mike Branda »

Blue wrote:I just tried to import the new league file from within the game.

Thoughts?
You didn't manually download the league file during our last sim cycle, did you? That's your problem. Check your email from Wednesday. You should have a mailing explaining what you need to do.
I'm pretty sure I did. But can you resend the email so I can try again?

thanks
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#473 Post by John »

Blue wrote:I'm pretty sure I did. But can you resend the email so I can try again?

thanks
Sent to your Hotmail account. I notice you also have a Gmail account. I've been sending mailings to your Hotmail account. Is that right, or do you want them sent to your Gmail account?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Branda

#474 Post by Mike Branda »

Blue wrote:I'm pretty sure I did. But can you resend the email so I can try again?

thanks
Sent to your Hotmail account. I notice you also have a Gmail account. I've been sending mailings to your Hotmail account. Is that right, or do you want them sent to your Gmail account?
I regularly check both, so it doesn't really matter.

I installed that file again. Tried to update in game, and couldn't. My in-game league date is: 02-12-2010. This doesn't sound correct.

Any help would be appreciated.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#475 Post by John »

Blue wrote:I regularly check both, so it doesn't really matter.

I installed that file again. Tried to update in game, and couldn't. My in-game league date is: 02-12-2010. This doesn't sound correct.

Any help would be appreciated.
Email sent.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#476 Post by John »

A new file is heading up as we speak. Tonight was a big night for the LRS, though it won't be apparent on the surface. The league hit its preseason and there are a number of changes and notes:
  • New schedule implemented
  • Arbitration enabled
  • Rule 5 draft enabled
  • Minor league options enabled
  • Scouting budgets can be set until 4/28 (real-world date)
  • Rosters expand to 40 after 4/28 sim
  • First Spring Training games begin Friday, May 1
Be particularly aware of the scouting budget and Spring Training notes. Once Spring Training arrives next Tuesday, you will be unable to alter your scouting budget for a whole in-game year. Don't forget to adjust it now! Regarding Spring Training, the calendar I sent you in the offseason erroneously listed the start of LRS Spring Training as the first week of May. In fact it will begin next Friday, so get yourself prepared!

Next week we will have a slightly unusual schedule. Sims are schedule for Tuesday and Friday instead of the normal Monday and Thursday. The amount of time we advance won't be the standard 7 days either:
  • Tuesday, April 28: Advance 6 days to April 3.
  • Friday, May 1: Advance 8 days to April 11.
Finally, since I know some of you check on these things, yes, I'm aware there was a contract signed this sim in violation of our new bonus restrictions. I've spoken with the owner and reminded him about the applicable restrictions. I will let this particular contract stand; however, starting next week I will begin enforcing our bonus restrictions by voiding contracts in violation. Review Article IV of the Constitution before offering bonuses!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#477 Post by John »

The new file is ready along with a new picture pack. Last Sim will be updated shortly. We're just one sim away from the start of the PEBA's 2010 season. Enjoy the Spring Training results while the pressure is still off! :-o
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#478 Post by Denny »

So are we back to our regular Mon/Thurs sim schedule? I didn't see that a sim was run last night.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#479 Post by John »

Codgers wrote:So are we back to our regular Mon/Thurs sim schedule? I didn't see that a sim was run last night.
There's a sim tonight. Next week we'll be simming on Tuesday and Friday night. After that it's back to Monday/Thursday again (with one Tuesday/Friday exception coming the first week of June).
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#480 Post by John »

Sorry for the late start tonight. The sim is now run and the league file is uploading. Should be ready by about 10:15 ET.

My apologies to the LRS owners. I had hoped to have your art inserted by tonight's sim, but there's still just a bit of work left to be done. Look for your new art to be ready during our sim on Tuesday night.

REMINDER: BONUS RESTRICTIONS!!!

We're still having some trouble with these. I still consider this the "learning period", so contracts aren't being voided yet. However, we're about to hit the regular season. Once that happens the learning period is over and we get serious. Before you make a contract offer, bone up on Article IV of the Constitution!!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”