Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

#451 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:I'm getting a "404 not found" for the pictures from both the website and the link you posted.
My apologies. The correct link is actually http://allsimbaseball6.com/peba/files/images.zip. You can also use the "Player Pictures" link on the homepage.
Coal Sox wrote:Uh-oh. I've got a potentially corrupt league file. It looks mostly correct, but there's a complete stranger named "Juan Lopez" as both my #2 starter and a catcher. I get the player page for Marcos Alonso when I click on his name. Some guy named "Freddy Juarez" is slated as my 2B. I'll redownload and load the file. Does anyone else see these guys on my team?
I'm in the process of generating the history HTML and that's going to take all night, so I can't check at the moment. Based on what Alan said and the fact that you've had this kind of problem before (and it's been isolated to just you), I'm guessing it'll clear up when you redownload the file.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#452 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Coal Sox wrote:I'm getting a "404 not found" for the pictures from both the website and the link you posted.
My apologies. The correct link is actually http://allsimbaseball6.com/peba/files/images.zip. You can also use the "Player Pictures" link on the homepage.
Coal Sox wrote:Uh-oh. I've got a potentially corrupt league file. It looks mostly correct, but there's a complete stranger named "Juan Lopez" as both my #2 starter and a catcher. I get the player page for Marcos Alonso when I click on his name. Some guy named "Freddy Juarez" is slated as my 2B. I'll redownload and load the file. Does anyone else see these guys on my team?
I'm in the process of generating the history HTML and that's going to take all night, so I can't check at the moment. Based on what Alan said and the fact that you've had this kind of problem before (and it's been isolated to just you), I'm guessing it'll clear up when you redownload the file.
Thanks for the picture link. I've got Mel Kennedy lookin' spiffy now. :wink:

Thanks, Alan, for your help. I re-installed the file and it was fine. Hell if I know why this keeps happening - I certainly didn't download it too early while it was still being uploaded to the servers, that's for sure. I tried for the first time around 1 AM I think. Oh well. Fixed.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Badgers

#453 Post by Badgers »

I was able to export fine with the new file.
James Bowman

#454 Post by James Bowman »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Statesmen wrote:Thanks for the extra effort tonight John. ;-D
You can thank Alan of Kuwana; it was his suggestion that led to the solution. Thanks, Alan! ;-D
Thanks Alan. :D
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#455 Post by John »

A new ABSF (Mexico) full picture pack has been uploaded to the server. If you'd like to see the new mug shots for recent ex-PEBA players like Jorge Gallegos, Cristián De Jesús, Ángel Chacón or (God help you) Luis Navarro, you'll want this new pack.

The Important Software page has been updated with the link to the pack as well. Remember you can always get old picture packs (both full and mini) from the Important Software page.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#456 Post by John »

A new USCBA (PEBA COL) full picture packhas been uploaded to the server. These kids are the stars of the future. Get a look at them before they become stars. Maybe their handsomeness (or lack thereof) will influence your draft boards. ;)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#457 Post by John »

PEBA owners, you are this close to your first box scores of 2010. A new league file will be ready shortly after the top of the hour.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Paul Moots

#458 Post by Paul Moots »

Exciting! This could be the year for the Fishermen! Just need two pitchers and we're ready to go!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#459 Post by John »

Has your fancy turned to love? It should have, because we've arrived at spring, baby (well, technically it won't be spring for another 2 weeks, but you get the idea). Spring means box scores, shaking off rust, youngsters getting tryouts and players learning new positions. It also means injuries, unfortunately. I haven't checked at the results but I'll be dollars to doughnuts there are several players headed to the infirmary. Hopefully you're team has been spared.

In addition to the file, a new mini-picture pack has been released.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Paul Moots

#460 Post by Paul Moots »

Nice. Good luck.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#461 Post by John »

Several website updates tonight. The online utilities have been restored to working order. They had been broken with the server switch. You can now resume using the Export Tracker and owner list.

With the fixing of the utilities and the beginning of Spring Training, Last Sim is once again being updated. I highly recommend owners get used to checking Last Sim (linked in your User Menu on the homepage) after each sim. It's a great resource for seeing your team's recent stats at a glance. Note that Last Sim is limited to displaying the last 8 games played, so the two games in February don't show up.

Other homepage links like the CP Tracker, Calendar of Events, etc. have been updated as well. Everything should be in working order. Let me know if you find any broken links anywhere.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#462 Post by Tyler »

I've got 12 minutes of battery life left - c'mon, HTML reports! :oops:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#463 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:I've got 12 minutes of battery life left - c'mon, HTML reports! :oops:
Ask and ye shall receive. 8)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#464 Post by klewis »

I won't spoil those who have not download it yet but one brutal injury tonight :(
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#465 Post by John »

Featherheads wrote:I won't spoil those who have not download it yet but one brutal injury tonight :(
Oh dear. Not the way I wanted to debut the new, more realistic injury database. My sincerest condolences. :(
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”