Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

#436 Post by Ghosts »

Calzones wrote:Unfortunately I won't have time to try downloading out of game. Have to get on the road. Had my nap, now I have to sneak into Chicago in the early morning hours.
when you pass by the gigantic miller light sign on the kennedy, just north of downtown, honk your horn really, really loud. i just may hear it.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#437 Post by Ghosts »

we downloaded and exported .... successfully.

we also finally got josh emery. my god!
Matt
VIP
VIP

#438 Post by Matt »

Is that on the Ryan? Been awhile since I been through Chicago. Actually delivering up in Skokie at 5am.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#439 Post by John »

Bears wrote:we downloaded and exported .... successfully.
Thank God.
Bears wrote:we also finally got josh emery. my god!
About damn time! 8)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#440 Post by Matt »

Never mind. Have to improve my reading skills. It's on the Kennedy.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#441 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Bears wrote:we downloaded and exported .... successfully.
Thank God.
Bears wrote:we also finally got josh emery. my god!
About damn time! 8)
i'm pretty shocked. well, that was a quick foray into free agency. really, it is as much for 2011 and 2012 -- with the loss of peterson and boyd next year, we didn't want to have to go out and buy/trade for both a ss and 3b. we'll see if this was wise or not.
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#442 Post by Evas »

I was able to upload with the new file too.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#443 Post by Ghosts »

Calzones wrote:Never mind. Have to improve my reading skills. It's on the Kennedy.
i've lived her ten years and still have to stop and think about whether i'm talking about the kennedy or the ryan. don't worry, in 4-8 years, the ryan will be re-named the obama. (though i'm hoping they finally name the downtown junction something, and "the o" would be pretty fitting ...)

but, yep, i'm right off the division street exit. if you're ever around during normal hours (and i can't imagine you'd want to be around chicago from 7 am until 10 pm with a truck) -- feel free to holler at me for a beer, hot shower, etc.
James Bowman

#444 Post by James Bowman »

Thanks for the extra effort tonight John. ;-D
Matt
VIP
VIP

#445 Post by Matt »

I hate to be around Chicago at all with a truck. Freaking construction zones everywhere. Even sneaking in during the early AM sometimes doesn't work. Sat on 80 one morning at a dead stop from 2am to 5am because of construction. My personal opinion is blow up the whole thing and start over.

I did go through there one morning last year, around 7-8 am, all the way through and everything moved. Was scary the way it moved. I figured there was so little traffic that someone must have bombed something, kept the radio on CNN for an hour looking for details.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#446 Post by John »

Statesmen wrote:Thanks for the extra effort tonight John. ;-D
You can thank Alan of Kuwana; it was his suggestion that led to the solution. Thanks, Alan! ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#447 Post by Ghosts »

Calzones wrote:I hate to be around Chicago at all with a truck. Freaking construction zones everywhere. Even sneaking in during the early AM sometimes doesn't work. Sat on 80 one morning at a dead stop from 2am to 5am because of construction. My personal opinion is blow up the whole thing and start over.

I did go through there one morning last year, around 7-8 am, all the way through and everything moved. Was scary the way it moved. I figured there was so little traffic that someone must have bombed something, kept the radio on CNN for an hour looking for details.
if you get on the highway in chicago, you just sort of expect traffic. or not. that's the thing. sometimes you hit almost nothing at rush hour, and sometimes it's backed up an hour at 4pm on a saturday.

at least they're getting right of those left-hand side "on ramps" downtown. i've basically never been in an accident, and am happy to drive in snowstorms, tsunamis, in the dead of night, etc. and those things STILL scare the hell out of me.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#448 Post by Tyler »

I'm getting a "404 not found" for the pictures from both the website and the link you posted.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#449 Post by Tyler »

Uh-oh. I've got a potentially corrupt league file. It looks mostly correct, but there's a complete stranger named "Juan Lopez" as both my #2 starter and a catcher. I get the player page for Marcos Alonso when I click on his name. Some guy named "Freddy Juarez" is slated as my 2B. I'll redownload and load the file. Does anyone else see these guys on my team?
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Steel Dragons

#450 Post by Steel Dragons »

Coal Sox wrote:Uh-oh. I've got a potentially corrupt league file. It looks mostly correct, but there's a complete stranger named "Juan Lopez" as both my #2 starter and a catcher. I get the player page for Marcos Alonso when I click on his name. Some guy named "Freddy Juarez" is slated as my 2B. I'll redownload and load the file. Does anyone else see these guys on my team?
I just closed the file but I checked the updated reports and those players are not on your team. Hopefully when redownload, it works.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”