Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

James Bowman

Re: Sim Update: 2009 - Season 3

#421 Post by James Bowman »

Maulers wrote:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:The new file is up. FTP settings were changed tonight. The way my night is going, this will probably wreck havoc across the league, but hopefully the transition will be smooth and you won't have any problem importing. Also be aware that the location of our HTML reports. has changed. You'll now find them at http://allsimbaseball6.com/peba/lgreports/news/html/index.html. The link on the homepage has been updated. This is also true for the picture pack updates, which you can now find at http://allsimbaseball6.com/files/images.zip. Speaking of which, a new picture pack will be available for download in about 15 minutes.

While you're here on the forums, there are a couple topics of interest you may want to check out. PEBA Fantasy Baseball has been announced and owners may begin signing up right away. Over at the Off-Topic forum, plans have begun for an owner get-together. Let us know if you think you can make it.
When I click on the league file link, here's what I get:
404 Not Found
The requested URL /lgexports/PEBA_LFMain01a.tar.gz does not exist.

Is it maybe not quite ready yet?
I'm getting the same error. :(
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#422 Post by Ghosts »

i'll add that i first downloaded the league file from the web page -- and it said 2/12 as the date.

so i then downloaded in game - it allowed me to -- but, again, it was 2/12.
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#423 Post by DanD »

If it's any help, my in-game updater tells me there is no new file available.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#424 Post by John »

Yup... havoc.

Alright, give me some time here to see if I can work out what's happening. I'll let you all know when I've figured it out. If you don't hear back from me within the hour, my head probably exploded from the cold I'm working through. :-P
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Alan Ehlers

#425 Post by Alan Ehlers »

me too i can not get it either by downloading the league file or the internet
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#426 Post by John »

UPDATE: I think I may have deduced the problem. Unfortunately OOTP is tied up in generating the HTML reports. It's going to be at least a half an hour until that's finished and there's no way I can stop the process. After that I'll need to make the necessary changes and re-up the file. So we're looking at 11:30 PM ET best-case scenario (and that's assuming I've correctly assessed the problem).

I suggest you all don't bother waiting for ol' Slowpoke Rodriguez. Take the night off (or hit the forums for a little chat). Things should be ready by the time you get up tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to take a quick break and watch a little taped playoff hockey. My sinuses are killing me.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#427 Post by John »

Will someone please try importing the league file in-game and report back on whether it's working? I'm not sure that I have it fixed... hopefully the change I made did the trick.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#428 Post by Evas »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Will someone please try importing the league file in-game and report back on whether it's working? I'm not sure that I have it fixed... hopefully the change I made did the trick.
My OOTP did not detect an updated league file.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#429 Post by John »

Well poop. An email has been dispatched to our webhost. I'm waiting on his response now. As soon as I have it I'll report back here.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Steel Dragons

#430 Post by Steel Dragons »

....just a thought

If the host changed we may not be able to load the new file in game since our version of the file has the old FTP settings. We might have to do the unzip and load thing this one time to get the new settings.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#431 Post by John »

ae37jr wrote:....just a thought

If the host changed we may not be able to load the new file in game since our version of the file has the old FTP settings. We might have to do the unzip and load thing this one time to get the new settings.
Fair enough; you may be right, Alan. Let's give it a try. I can't post the URL here for security reasons, but I'll send out an email now with the link to the file.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#432 Post by John »

An email has just been sent out with a manual link to the league file. Those of you with homepage accounts will also find a link to the file under your User Menu.

The file will show you the correct date and info once you install it, but that's not good enough; we need to make sure you can export from it. Please send off a test export as soon as you've installed the new file. Someone please post in this thread letting me know if their test export worked or not.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#433 Post by Matt »

I am downloading in game. It's at 32%. I'll let you know as soon as it completes.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#434 Post by John »

Calzones wrote:I am downloading in game. It's at 32%. I'll let you know as soon as it completes.
I don't believe that will work. It seems you're going to have to download out of game for this one night.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#435 Post by Matt »

Unfortunately I won't have time to try downloading out of game. Have to get on the road. Had my nap, now I have to sneak into Chicago in the early morning hours.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”