Game replays

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Game replays

#1 Post by John »

Holy crap, these are cool! I thought it sounded like a neat new addition, but I didn't really realize how much fun they were going to be. All these sims we've done - two full seasons - and I've barely ever seen the game interface (the only exceptions have been the All-Star Games and the Planetary Extreme Championships). Reading the PbP is great, and I'm loving the new ball animations and sound for OOTP 9.

If you haven't checked this feature out yet, give it a go. You may want to do what I'm doing and check the "Hide Scores" box on the Scores & Schedules page. I'm slowly working through my replays... right now I don't even know how my team's Spring Training record yet. A great way to build the suspense! :-o
James Bowman

#2 Post by James Bowman »

I haven't had the chance to watch one yet, but I'm pretty excited about the replays as well.

I remember when I played in the Corporate League Baseball, I would quickly go to the box scores page without checking my record, and start from the oldest games first, and go through my team's box scores 1 by 1. It imposed a lot of anticipation this way.

I'll certainly be doing the same here, and having the luxury of actually watching the games will my test my nerves even more. It'll be tough, however, not glancing at the manager home page when the new files load, while trying to sneak to the PEBA scores & schedule screen.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Coqui »

You could set your load page to the scores and schedule screen and save yourself those first few moments of trying not to look. Will that option work in an online league?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

I think the load page is set on my end when I send out the master league file.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Duane »

We all are able to select our own 'start page' ... it's under the BOOKMARKS tab
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

I've adjusted the location of player pictures for all ballparks. Now when you view your game replays you'll see your players where they should be (i.e. 1st baseman near first base). It's not nearly perfect for a number of stadiums that had difficult-to-deal-with photos, but it'll be a big improvement over what you're seeing right now.

Ball flight coordinates, however, have not been adjusted. That I'm afraid would be a little too much for me to tackle for every stadium. However, feel free to adjust ball flight to work with your stadium and send me the coordinates. I'll enter them into the game for you. You can do this by setting up your own league where you're the commissioner, then setting up a team to use your ballpark photo (photos must be located in your "...\OOTP Baseball 9\data\ballparks" directory prior to loading the game). You may also send me custom coordinates for player pictures if you'd like.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#7 Post by Matt »

What I have learned from the game replays so far....

The Calzones will leave more runners stranded than the SS Minnow on a three hour tour.

March 7th, 2 runs on 10 hits. Also collected 4 walks, to leave 10 runners stranded.

March 10. 5 runs on 16 hits. 4 walks also. FIFTEEN left of base in a 10 inning loss.

March 11. 1 run on 13 hits. Also had two walks. Poor baserunning left just 12 on base for the day in a 2-1 loss.

March 14. 4 runs on 10 hits. Also drew 7 walks. Left 13 on base. Amazingly won a 4-3 game.

Watching the March 11th replay, I finally realized just how bad it is going to be. 1st and 3rd no outs in the top of the 4th. Strikeout. Runner on first thrown out stealing. Line out to first. Inning over, 0 runs on 6 hits after 4 innings. At which point I went 'Sweet Lou' and kicked my laptop towards second base.
James Bowman

#8 Post by James Bowman »

Longshoremen wrote:You could set your load page to the scores and schedule screen and save yourself those first few moments of trying not to look. Will that option work in an online league?
Very cool! Thanks, I forgot about that feature. I have yet to really get into custom views, or bookmarks. Maybe I should take a look at that kind of stuff.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Tyler »

I won't be watching the game replays. I'll fail out of school if I do. :P
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Denny »

Coal Sox wrote:I won't be watching the game replays. I'll fail out of school if I do. :P
I just watched my first one, but no more--I'll lose my job! I mean, look at me....it's after 3 AM here and I have to work in the morning!! :-o

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”