Who am I? Why Am I Here? What Do I Look Like?

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Who am I? Why Am I Here? What Do I Look Like?

#61 Post by Borealis »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:And I'm quite jealous; I've never been to Maui myself (never been further west the Colorado, actually). :-L
Oh, John, you need to do something about that! There is so much happening in Salt Lake and Reno to make it worth the while to cross the Rockies! I think there's even a couple spots on the coast too, but they've slipped my mind...
PEBA Commissioner wrote:Love these pictures, guys! Thank you for sharing them. Glad to finally see GM Will Topham in the flesh. Frank, your daughter is adorable.
Yeah... been tardy on this. You can tell which is the senior Topham and which is the junior by the bend in the bill (geez... I hate that flat bill look!)
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#62 Post by Jason »

Borealis wrote:Yeah... been tardy on this. You can tell which is the senior Topham and which is the junior by the bend in the bill (geez... I hate that flat bill look!)
It's only been one and a half decades since the complete OPPOSITE used the be the fashion. We used to do whatever we could to make our hats look completely worn in and the bill needed to have the perfect curve. This was considered part of the preppy khaki with denim shirt look.

And perhaps five years before that, it was the "wear your hat so you could see your bangs look." This was terrible, although I must say I did this for about a year.

Now, it's all about that damn flat bill, wearing it cocked off to the side a bit, and leaving th freaking sticker on. I think it looks terrible... I guess you have to blame pop culture.

I still prefer to wear my hats slightly worn in. When I get a chance, I will scan some "through the years" photos of myself and the different hat styles I described above. LOL.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#63 Post by Borealis »

Cyclones wrote:Now, it's all about that damn flat bill, wearing it cocked off to the side a bit, and leaving th freaking sticker on. I think it looks terrible... I guess you have to blame pop culture.
Oh.... don't get me started on the cock-eye and sticker! Why leave the sticker on? So people think you stole it? As if that's cool?? At least we got the sticker off and it's worn at a 'lefty's' angle (even if he's a righty)
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by Lions »

I'm pretty sure the hat style of the younger generation just keeps changing whenever one thing becomes popular. I remember when the style was to wear the hat super far back on your head so the bill pointed as far vertical as possible without falling off. I thought it looked idiotic, and wore my hat as low over my eyes as possible. I'm all over the broken in, curved bill look. I hate new looking hats.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#65 Post by Arroyos »

Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I didn't have any idea what this thread was about until a week ago, and then I couldn't find the thread. I mean, really, who'd have guessed a personal catalog of our pictures would be buried under "Off-Topic" discussions?

Anyway, I tried to post my picture here, but I can't figure out how. I selected "Img" from the tools above, but it only accepts URLs, not pictures themselves.

How did the rest of you add pictures to the forum?

Befuddled Bob
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#66 Post by Borealis »

Dear Befuddled-

Write out what you want to say, and then below the submit buttons is another button that allows you to choose the file you want to upload. When you upload a picture there will be an 'insert Inline' button (something like that). Place the cursor where you want and click that inline button. You can always cut and paste to move the code if prefer it elsewhere in the message. Use the preview feature to make sure it's right.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#67 Post by Arroyos »

Thanks to Michael's sterling directions, I am now able to join the party and post my picture. Here I am with the kids, the wife, the house, the dog, 2 cats and a parakeet. No, wait— I don't have any of those. Just a hat.
Portrait 2010.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#68 Post by klewis »

I know I owe some Paris pics but at least I have finally contributed to this thread! This was taken in France in a rural city.

Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Daniel Diemer

#69 Post by Daniel Diemer »

The following photos are clipped from an interview that a local site ran of me in the middle of last year. Thought they might fit as my contribution here.

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#70 Post by John »

Great pictures, Ron, and a great interview! I share your passion for science fiction. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#71 Post by Mike Dunn »

My wife isn't keen on posting our kids pictures on the wild wild internet, so here's our dog:

His name is Harry, named not for Harry Potter but another literary figure. His middle initial is T., for Trouble.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Ghosts »

it was really fun to go back through this thread after a couple of years.

and, man, the commish and duane really do look an awful lot alike.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#73 Post by John »

Bears wrote:it was really fun to go back through this thread after a couple of years.

and, man, the commish and duane really do look an awful lot alike.
I notice that I posted that picture of Duane myself. Hrmmm... has anyone seen Duane and me together at the same time? :-?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#74 Post by Cole »

Various pictures of my daughter Hope and my wife Linlee.

Here is me and my daughter in Meramac Cave:

My daughter and I at Church Carnival:

Us at my friends wedding where my daughter was the flower girl:

Me before I attempted to roast a Krispy Kreme donut:
Last edited by Cole on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#75 Post by John »

Great pictures, Brinnon! I love seeing shots of members of the league and their families. But roasting a Krispy Kreme doughnut? Does that even work? :-? :lol:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”