IMPORTANT: OOTP 9 Version 9.2.0 released - Download now

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

IMPORTANT: OOTP 9 Version 9.2.0 released - Download now

#1 Post by John »

Markus has just release Version 9.2.0 (Patch #5) for OOTP 9. I'll let him explain what's new:
Hey guys,

we have just released the latest patch, version 9.2.0! It fixes all reported bugs which we were able to duplicate and also introduces the following two features:

1) Pitchers in 7-Day Lineups - You can now assign starting pitchers in the 7-Day Lineups page, giving you full control over your team when you sim a week at a time! Online leagues, rejoice!
2) Lock player position - In the Player Strategy screen, you can now lock a player into a specific position, so that the AI will not change the player's position when setting depth charts and lineups. This feature is great if you don't worry too much about your minor leagues, but you really want to teach certain individual players certain positions!

Other improvements:
- Fine-tuned player development
- Improved AI in multiple areas
- Enhanced play-by-play and news stories
- When 'owner controls budget' is disabled, then cash is factored into money available for extensions

Please download the full setup files here, and simply install over your existing OOTP 9 installation (no need to uninstall):

PC: http://mirror1.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp/ootp9setup.exe
Mac: http://mirror1.ootpdevelopments.com/oot ... nstall.zip

We'll copy the files to our other download locations tomorrow, and create an .exe only version as well. Unless some major problems arise, this will be the last patch for OOTP 9! Enjoy
One thing he doesn't mention is that the dreaded "Draft & Release" bug has been squashed in this version (at least according to Markus in a separate post). This is news I was desperately praying for as our league was suffering from this bug after transitioning to OOTP 9. It was severe enough that I was preparing to prohibit free agents from leaving affected foreign leagues; with this news that won't be necessary.
:sweat:
Unless something goes terribly wrong with this patch and a new one is rushed out, this will be the version of the game we begin play with next Thursday. Since I'll be using this version, all of you will need to be using it as well to be able to import and export league files. Therefore it is critical that everyone upgrade to 9.2.0 ASAP. You'll find download links to the full setup files above (and I recommend using the full install over the later-to-be-released .exe only version).

Important PEBA OOTP 9 dates
Thursday, October 9: First league file sent out in OOTP 9 format
Thursday, October 16: First opportunity for owners to export from OOTP 9
Monday, November 3: First mandatory sim under OOTP 9
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: IMPORTANT: OOTP 9 Version 9.2.0 released - Download now

#2 Post by Denny »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Markus has just release Version 9.2.0 (Patch #5) for OOTP 9. I'll let him explain what's new:
2) Lock player position - In the Player Strategy screen, you can now lock a player into a specific position, so that the AI will not change the player's position when setting depth charts and lineups. This feature is great if you don't worry too much about your minor leagues, but you really want to teach certain individual players certain positions!
I'm pleased about this....looking through some minor-league stats this evening, I noted that in 2008 both my High-A catchers logged more than 40 innings apiece at second base! :shock: Although one of them managed to turn 4 double plays, so perhaps he actually has an aptitude for it :P
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Unless something goes terribly wrong with this patch and a new one is rushed out, this will be the version of the game we begin play with next Thursday.
So of course something did go wrong. A few serious bugs apparently crept into 9.2.0, forcing Markus to prepare a new patch. Here's the news:
Hey guys,

unfortunately some people have trouble opening the latest patch, and there also have been a couple of new bugs found. So we're working on version 9.2.1 now, which should be ready on Tuesday at the latest. Sorry for the hassle

Cheers,
Markus
A Tuesday release is going to make things tight for us, both with getting everyone hooked up with the new version and allowing me time to test it. There is a possibility that I may send out an OOTP 2007/8 league file Thursday night, delaying the OOTP 9 version of the file until the weekend. We'll see if any bug reports come in when 9.2.1 is released that would warrant this action.

In the meantime, prepare to download the new version when it's released. I'll have download links when they're ready.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

Codgers wrote:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Markus has just release Version 9.2.0 (Patch #5) for OOTP 9. I'll let him explain what's new:
I'm pleased about this....looking through some minor-league stats this evening, I noted that in 2008 both my High-A catchers logged more than 40 innings apiece at second base! :shock: Although one of them managed to turn 4 double plays, so perhaps he actually has an aptitude for it :P

Biggio :grin:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Denny »

I had posted this (and John replied) over in the Sim Update thread, but I decided it would be best not to clutter up that thread so I've reposted them here:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Codgers wrote:What's the word on the OOTP9 emergency patch? Can we go ahead with the cutover as planned on the 9th, or does it have to be postponed one more sim?
Version 9.2.1 should be released tomorrow. It should be the final patch released for OOTP 9. Because of the proximity to our transition to the new platform, I'm strongly considering releasing an OOTP 2007/8 file Thursday night and then releasing an OOTP 9 version of the file over the weekend (we have a week-long break after Thursday's sim). That will allow me time to test the new patch for stability as well as to enter in all the new league settings.
Personally I would prefer if you went this route, of one more final OOTP 2007/8 sim and then a weekend release of the 9 version. I think it just seems safer from a stability standpoint.

I also have a more selfish personal reason for this preference--I'd planned to get a new (well, new to me) machine prior to our migration, and I haven't gotten around to it yet :oops: But apparently the word on the street is that Apple is releasing their new laptop next week, so I'm trying to hold off until then. 8)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

OOTP 9 version 9.2.2 has been released.

Owners should download and install this version IMMEDIATELY!

Download links: See today's mailing for more details.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#7 Post by Matt »

somewhat surprisingly, the patched version loads quickly. Unlike anything else I have seen from version 9. Most everything else in 9 is painfully slow.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”