Kneeling at the Pew

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kneeling at the Pew

#1 Post by John »

The Bakersfield Bears said their Hallelujahs and landed a heavenly bounty tonight in RF/DH Jude Pew. Big time congrats go out to Jon and Aric. I always like to see players re-up with the teams they were with prior to hitting free agency, and this is obviously a huge score. Pew is arguably the preeminent slugger in the league; he'll be a difference-maker in the Desert Hills for sure.

Now the only question remaining is: Where to find the money to fill those final 3 roster spots? :-o
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Kneeling at the Pew

#2 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:The Bakersfield Bears said their Hallelujahs and landed a heavenly bounty tonight in RF/DH Jude Pew. Big time congrats go out to Jon and Aric. I always like to see players re-up with the teams they were with prior to hitting free agency, and this is obviously a huge score. Pew is arguably the preeminent slugger in the league; he'll be a difference-maker in the Desert Hills for sure.

Now the only question remaining is: Where to find the money to fill those final 3 roster spots? :-o
we're actually pretty shocked. and the contract is longer than i (though not aric) would like. but what's $18.3 a year/6 years for a 26 year old who in two seasons has averaged:

.321, 42 HR, 125 RBI, and a .960 OPS

and you can put him next to Pat Lilly, well ... it's gotta happen.

as for the roster spots, we've actually only got 2 open (moreno is on the dl) and besides a bullpen spot which we could resolve through AAA we've only got the one need which we're working on, believe me.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#3 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Congrats Bears! Pew and Lilly mashing together again in Bakersfield will make it a looong year for Desert Hills pitchers.

Sniff, sniff. Do I smell a trip to the championship in 2009? :-?

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”