Arbitration confusion

Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Arbitration confusion

#1 Post by Coqui »

We must all have a story on arbitration bizarreness and I will lead with mine. Francisco Perez, a reliever who has never panned out and spent last year struggling at AA, was awarded $1.2 million. Raul Herrera, a mid season bullpen pickup who was dominant in a small sample size, was awarded barely half a million more. Roman Garza, who posted a 2.93 ERA in 58.1 innings out of my pen, got the league minimum for his efforts. Thank you arbitration judges, at least you don't work in the justice system.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

Always a fun exercise. I've got the "honor" of having PEBA's highest 2008 arbitration reward: CF Salvador Bernal earned a massive $8,435,000 payday from the arbiter. Hey, I totally admire what the guy did for his family, but that's a lot of cash for me to be shelling out! Incidentally, Bernal's arbitration award ties Gregory Arnold for the highest in PEBA history.

With $33,594,000 in total awards, I'm pretty sure no team is paying more to arbitration-eligible players than the Borealis. I can't complain, though. My players did a good job last year and they deserve their raises. I'll just have to figure out who's going to be staying and who's going to be going when free agency arrives next season.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

Well, Canton, at least overall it seems like the salaries average out correctly.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”