100 Years of PEBA: The mega-test sim

Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#16 Post by Maulers »

Awesome, John! Thanks! 2080 can't come soon enough!
Badgers

#17 Post by Badgers »

You are correct, 2080 cannot come soon enough.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#18 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Ooh, baby! That was really cool John! I am a stat hound and all of the records, team stats at the bottom had me drooling.
You put a lot of work into that! Great, great job! Very entertaining read and I will read it entirely a.s.a.p.

MAGNIFICO!
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#19 Post by Nigel »

Please tell me you didn't send this out to team owners. Richard Branson may get the bright idea to fire me and hire the GM that lead London to all those titles. :shock: :lol:

Really though, this is a very cool summary of what happened. I'm enjoying it a lot.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Denny »

Wow, looks like the century has been kind to the Codgers:

• second-highest winning percentage (after NJ)
• second-highest number of playoff appearances (after NJ)
• twice as many championships as hated rival Bakersfield (6-3)
• only team to never have a 100-loss season (poor Kentucky has 17! :shock: )

Isn't the alpha and omega of the thing astounding? The original two PEBA Cup combatants, New Jersey and Palm Springs, remain their respective leagues' role models for excellence over the next full century! It makes an old fellow proud... 8)

Taken altogether, it's enough to make me coin a new moniker for my team's home city--
Palm Springs: Oasis of Victory

:grin:

I have to say, I've never had the opportunity to trash-talk about events that will happen in the future like this....thoroughly enjoyable.
:P

Did I mention this whole thing is seriously awesome? Because it, like, is.
Badgers

#21 Post by Badgers »

So can we get a top 5 for batters and pitchers who made the hall of fame? Or maybe since we won't know most of them, could you give the 5 best from each league presently?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#22 Post by John »

Nutmeggers wrote:So can we get a top 5 for batters and pitchers who made the hall of fame? Or maybe since we won't know most of them, could you give the 5 best from each league presently?
What specifically would you like to know? Any particular stat lines you're interested in? And how should I judge the "top 5"? VORP?
Badgers

#23 Post by Badgers »

Top 5 that have been here since present time based off VORP.

Maybe note if anyone we know topped any hall of fame categories?

I am just curious how our "generation" compares to the others that came in later on.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#24 Post by John »

I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll whip up a quick retro on the top 5 hitters/pitchers who played in the second half of the sim. I don't want to cover players that currently exist in our universe, but future players are fair game since they'll never appear in our version of the league. Give me a bit and I'll see what I can come up with.
Badgers

#25 Post by Badgers »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll whip up a quick retro on the top 5 hitters/pitchers who played in the second half of the sim. I don't want to cover players that currently exist in our universe, but future players are fair game since they'll never appear in our version of the league. Give me a bit and I'll see what I can come up with.
Are you concerned that player production from our universe will be too revealing?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#26 Post by John »

Nutmeggers wrote:Are you concerned that player production from our universe will be too revealing?
That's exactly it. It's for that reason that I strictly avoided studying individual players during the test sims. Everything that was examined was broad-based; the specificity of careers is something I wouldn't touch. However, I don't think it'd be a problem to take a look at players who don't exist in our universe since they'll never be generated in our copy of the game.

I'll probably have to get to this tomorrow, but I'll definitely post a report for you. I'll get to any other questions you guys have tomorrow as well. I'm glad there's interest! :D
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#27 Post by Tyler »

I haven't opened this yet, but I can tell from the comments that I won't be going to bed for awhile. :grin:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Tyler »

Is there any chance you could recap that 2044 series? Do you have the game logs or box scores? I'm drooling to live that one! :shock:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:Is there any chance you could recap that 2044 series? Do you have the game logs or box scores? I'm drooling to live that one! :shock:
Regretfully, no box scores or game logs were kept from this sim. That feature had to be turned off to keep it from taking forever. I agree, there are a number of series I would really love to know the details of (most of all that PS over DUL upset... how anyone knocked off the '44 Warriors, I cannot even imagine).
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Denny »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I agree, there are a number of series I would really love to know the details of (most of all that PS over DUL upset... how anyone knocked off the '44 Warriors, I cannot even imagine).
[ Rubs right knuckles against chest in apple-polishing motion ] 8)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”