100 Years of PEBA: The mega-test sim

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

100 Years of PEBA: The mega-test sim

#1 Post by John »

The "100 Years of PEBA" mega-test officially began running at 11:35 A.M. ET on Sunday, Aug. 31. It's likely going to take days to complete and the process will be even slower because I'll be stopping at points to gather data on new injury/suspension settings being tested and to watch for a particular show-stopping bug that I'm all but postiive I've squashed. Expect a mailing detailing the list of changes to be sent out before the report on the results of PEBA-100 are released.

When the sim is finally finished running I will return here with results and reports for each team. Don't expect any info on players currently in our universe; I make it a point never to look at current player info during any of these sims. Instead my reports will focus on the big picture - how teams did over the long haul. I may include a choice tidbit or two about particularly special future players (who of course will never appear in our version of PEBA). I may also take info requests, so think over if you have any. We'll speak again here in a few days. :grin:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

There's been a hitch with the "100 Years of PEBA" sim. My secondary computer that was running the sim has suffered a catastrophic failure, and I've thus lost access to the sim. Don't worry, PEBA itself is safe and secure; this just affects the test sim league. All it means is that the report will be delayed, for which I'm very sorry. I had been looking forward to getting that out. As soon as it's ready I'll post back here to let you all know.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Reg »

This just in....a certain owner's computer develops problems (a la office space) after sim results are revealed..... :lol:
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

What's funny is I just watched Office Space again yesterday. :lol:
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Reg »

haha..yeah..one of these days, a couple of friends, a couple of bats, an old computer......one of these days :grin:

and maybe a ....stapler
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by DanD »

I actually own a red swing line stapler
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Coqui »

Trendsetters wrote:haha..yeah..one of these days, a couple of friends, a couple of bats, an old computer......one of these days :grin:
It feels good to be a gangster.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

Good news: I've just finished installing my replacement motherboard and my system is back up and running. Now I just need to write up the report. Hopefully I'll have this ready for you guys soon.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

The PEBA 100 report has just been mailed off to the league as of 5:30 PM ET this afternoon. I hope to get it posted on the homepage over the weekend.

If you'd like to discuss the results of the PEBA 100 sim, this thread is the place to do it. I will also be fielding questions about specific team and (to a lesser extent) player histories and achievements here. So if you'd like to delve a little deeper into the fortunes of your franchise over the course of this mega-sim, this is the place to fire away with your questions.

I hope you all enjoy reading this account as much as I enjoyed compiling it. :D
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Ghosts »

man, that is AWESOME.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Duane »

I am way confused ... how can a small market team have a payroll of 100mil+???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats (Bill)

#12 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Thoroughbreds wrote:I am way confused ... how can a small market team have a payroll of 100mil+???
You have a lush at the helm-What did you expect??!?!?!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by John »

Bears wrote:man, that is AWESOME.
I'm so glad you like it! :mrgreen:
Thoroughbreds wrote:I am way confused ... how can a small market team have a payroll of 100mil+???
Ah, that's the beauty of this sim: it shows that there really are no limits to what you can achieve. The AI (which is not necessarily the sharpest knife in the drawer, mind you) managed to build Kentucky up from a humble small-market team to one that could field a $100M payroll. Especially with the new league settings that are coming on line this season and next, anything is possible! That's not to say anything will come easy - nothing worthwhile ever does - but you can catch of glimpse of what can be achieved through reading this report. Just take a look at what a team like the London Underground was able to accomplish... truly inspiring.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Reg »

New Orleans = Title Town??????? :-?
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
James Bowman

#15 Post by James Bowman »

This was really cool to read through, thanks for doing it! It'll be neat to see how we all do year in and year out, versus these findings.
Trendsetters wrote:New Orleans = Title Town??????? :-?
I thought a .522 winning percentage was going to be a lot to live up to!

Charleston led the field with 52 playoff appearences, yet only 4 titles. Oh, the anxiety.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”