2008 Planetary Extreme Championship ticket claim thread

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

2008 Planetary Extreme Championship ticket claim thread

#1 Post by John »

Tickets! Get yer tickets here!

The 2008 Planetary Extreme Championship will be begin on Monday, August 25. Start times for all PEC games will be 9:05 PM ET. The series is best-of-7 and we'll be simming one game each night until the winner of the Rodriguez Cup is crowned.

As we did last year, 2008 PEC games will be broadcast live through Yugma. As usual, there are 10 spots available for each broadcast. You may attend as many games as you like. To claim your ticket(s), please reply in this thread stating which game(s) you'd like to attend.

Instructions on using Yugma:
  • If this is the first broadcast you’ll be attending, complete this step right away: Go to http://www.yugma.com/ , click the “Get Free Account” button and fill in the required info. Remember the name and email address you used, as you’ll need them to sign in later.
  • Shortly before the game, I will send an email to all owners who reserved tickets. It will contain a Session ID #. Note this; you’ll need it in a minute.
  • Again go to http://www.yugma.com/ and click the “Join Session” button. The Yugma client will load on your computer. If you’re running a virus scanner, you may receive a false positive virus alert. There is no virus risk here! Instruct your scanner to add Yugma to your trusted zone and proceed.
  • You’ll be presented with a login box where you’ll enter the name and email address you used when creating your Yugma account. You’ll also be asked for the Session ID# from the email I’ll have sent you.
  • Once you’ve entered in that info and clicked “Join”, a window will pop up displaying the entire contents of my home desktop. As the game plays out, you’ll be able to watch it unfold as if you were here playing it on my computer yourself!
  • There will be a sideband window that includes a chat function, so all of you watching the game can talk together while you enjoy the action.
  • See note below for login instructions if you can't see the chat bar:
Trendsetters wrote:if you are having problems with logging in or you are placed in the view mode only, then you need to use the yugma icon on your compurter, either from the desktop or the start menu...

it will pop up a little box that looks similar to a messenger program, on it is a tab labled join...click on that and then put in the info..should be session id (manually enter the id number you recieved in the email)- name - email address....

then choose the free option, answer the survey questions and you should be good to go...if you have issues im me or John....
Claimed Tickets
  • Game 1: Arlington, Crystal Lake (Bill), London, New Jersey, New Orleans, Palm Springs
  • Game 2: Crystal Lake (Bill), Crystal Lake (Dean), London, New Orleans
  • Game 3: Arlington, Crystal Lake (Bill), Crystal Lake (Dean), London, New Orleans
  • Game 4: Arlington, Crystal Lake (Bill), Crystal Lake (Dean), London, New Jersey, New Orleans
  • Game 5: Crystal Lake (Bill), Crystal Lake (Dean), London, New Orleans
  • Game 6 (if necessary): Crystal Lake (Bill), Crystal Lake (Dean), London, New Orleans
  • Game 7 (if necessary): Canton, Crystal Lake (Bill), Crystal Lake (Dean), London, New Orleans
Last edited by John on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:52 am, edited 15 times in total.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#2 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

I would like to attend all 7 games!
This sounds exciting. :grin: Woo Hoo!

The price is definitely right. :D
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Denny »

I realized last year that my computer is too slow to really follow what's happening, so I am going to have to pass unless the Codgers are in it (and maybe even then!). :(
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

I've got you down, Bill! And Denny, I say give it another shot, at least for the first game. Maybe it'll work a little better this time. You never know, and we'd sure love having your wit around during the in-game chat!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I've got you down, Bill! And Denny, I say give it another shot, at least for the first game. Maybe it'll work a little better this time. You never know, and we'd sure love having your wit around during the in-game chat!
the in game chatter -- and when the commish takes over the "madden" pen and makes his own comments -- are 50% of what makes it so fun.

i don't want to claim tickets until i know my schedule, but it's likely i'm going to definitely check out the later games, at the very least.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Tyler »

This is the first week of classes, and I need to establish more productive habits this semester. Alas, this means I can't devote the time to watching the games live. :(
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Ghosts »

Coal Sox wrote:This is the first week of classes, and I need to establish more productive habits this semester. Alas, this means I can't devote the time to watching the games live. :(
ah, what i miss about being younger: the idea that my "habits" could somehow ever really change. on second thought, i don't miss that thought at all.

give it up, mr. coal sox - you ain't foolin' nobody!
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Coqui »

Coal Sox wrote:This is the first week of classes, and I need to establish more productive habits this semester. Alas, this means I can't devote the time to watching the games live. :(
Really? You're in college. Be productive when you are getting paid for it. Until then, have fun.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Tyler »

The trick is passing, so that I can get a degree, so that I can get paid. :lol:
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Coqui »

Coal Sox wrote:The trick is passing, so that I can get a degree, so that I can get paid. :lol:
C's equal degrees.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

PEBA needs a better Director of Media Services! :P With 6 days left to the start of the PEC we still have only one owner signed up to watch live broadcasts. I'm going to set a minimum of 4 owners signed up to watch at least some of the games. If we can't achieve that, I'll cancel the live broadcasts and we'll just sim the games normally. And that would be a shame considering how much fun we had with these broadcasts last year! So how about it guys?
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Reg »

i am in, but i am still holding out the hope that i will managing in the PEC, which i believe would gaurantee me an automatic ticket..but if not, sign me up for at least the first two games...
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by John »

Well basically everyone is guaranteed a ticket; all they need to do is request it. :) I've got you down for the first two games for now, Paul. If you want to sign up for the others, let me know.
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#14 Post by Nigel »

Sign me up for Monday. I will see how the rest of the week plays out.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by John »

Underground wrote:Sign me up for Monday. I will see how the rest of the week plays out.
You got it! :D Now we've got three owners signed up for Monday night. If we can get one more I'll go ahead and hold the live broadcast. I'm sure we can tempt one more owner to join us Monday night. :grin:

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”