Sir Richard Branson to buy London Franchise

Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

Sir Richard Branson to buy London Franchise

#1 Post by Nigel »

Sir Richard Branson has made it known that he bought the London Underground in negotiations that went late into the night. “I recently heard about a baseball league called Planetary Extreme Baseball Alliance that really piqued my interest. As you all know, my love for anything extreme gets me into some crazy projects. When I found out London had a team I was sold.” When asked how much he paid for the franchise Branson replied, “Oh it was some small amount. I actually found the spare money in my sofa cushions.”

The fact that Branson knows nothing about baseball may have some worried, but he explained his plans for the future. “I won’t have a lot of time to spend with the team because I am really busy shooting people into space. GM Miller will continue to run the baseball operations side of things. He really impressed me when I talked to him yesterday. He even knew all of the positions and everything. I am going to turn to a good friend of mine to be my VP of Marketing, the great Ali G! The man is a marketing genius; he invented the ice cream glove you know. Amazing talent.”

Branson is best known for starting Virgin Records and Virgin Atlantic Airways. He has over 360 companies under the Virgin brand and is estimated to be worth close to 8 billion dollars. “At this point, nothing that I have done will be more satisfying to me than winning the Rodriguez cup. We have quite a bit of work ahead of us, but I have faith in my people to step up to the challenge.”

With sagging attendance and waning interest in the club, this may be the spark that the Underground need to be successful into the future. I know it will be interesting times indeed for this team.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

We need a list of all the PEBA celebrity owners / co-owners / fans / hangers-on. Branson, Bill Shatner, Frank Lampard, Mike Owen, Christina Millian-Holloway, Jessica Biel... it's a pretty impressive list!
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

You forgot the beat- Oh. Right. I haven't revealed that yet. :lol:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:You forgot the beat- Oh. Right. I haven't revealed that yet. :lol:
Interesting... I'm intrigued now.

Return to “League News and Articles”