Know someone who'd like to join PEBA? Post here!

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Know someone who'd like to join PEBA? Post here!

#1 Post by John »

AJ, the owner of the Kalamazoo Badgers, will be too busy to join us. We'll need to replace him, hopefully in advance of the draft. We also have owners of two franchises (Char and Miami) who haven't confirmed they're on board.

If you have a friend who you think would like to get involved in PEBA as an owner, please post here and I will get in contact with him (or her... ladies welcome!). :grin:
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Know someone who'd like to join PEBA? Post here!

#2 Post by Denny »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:If you have a friend who you think would like to get involved in PEBA as an owner, please post here and I will get in contact with him (or her... ladies welcome!). :grin:
I know some fellow commented recently in your latest LGT thread, saying he had emailed you twice with no reply....maybe your spam filter is blocking him? Anyway, I can't remember his handle but I bet he would be interested.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

That's weird... I got both his emails and responded to them. I assumed he wasn't interested after not hearing back from him.

I'm going to try writing him from a different email account. If that doesn't work, I may ask one of you to see if you can contact him. Let me see if I can touch base first.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Denny »

Maybe his spam filter is blocking you!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

The Kalamazoo Badgers have a new owner. Chip Darlington is joining us from LGT. We're in the process of getting him hooked up with his website and forum accounts, and hopefully he'll pop onto the forum and introduce himself when that's all set.

I still haven't been able to contact that Voltaire guy (the one who posted in my LGT diary). Somehow my emails aren't getting through to him. It stinks because his introductory email made him sound like a perfect ownership candidate... very enthusiastic.

If one of you would like to try to contact him, I'd appreciate that. His email address is tytrain@gmail.com (he just goes by the name "Voltaire"). Invite him to register for a forum account; I should be able to take it from there.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spam issue

#6 Post by Ghosts »

when you emailed about my league inquiry from lgt, the response was in my spam folder...if i hadn't checked, i'd probably still be wondering what was up.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Denny »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I still haven't been able to contact that Voltaire guy (the one who posted in my LGT diary). Somehow my emails aren't getting through to him. It stinks because his introductory email made him sound like a perfect ownership candidate... very enthusiastic.

If one of you would like to try to contact him, I'd appreciate that. His email address is tytrain@gmail.com (he just goes by the name "Voltaire"). Invite him to register for a forum account; I should be able to take it from there.
I sent him an email earlier today, so we'll see what happens.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

Thank you very much for doing that, Codgers! I was actually thinking of PM'ing you and asking if you could write him... guess you read my mind!

If we're able to get him on board we will officially be full-up. That's because we've just filled our 2nd-to-last ownership hole. Paul Tanner is taking over the Char United. Paul is coming to us from the OOTP forums. He's a long-time player of the game, but this will be his first experience in an online league. I think that's a great setup: we can benefit from his OOTP experience and he can learn the ropes in a newbie-friendly online league.

Paul is relocating his franchise from Charlotte to New Orleans, and renaming the club the Trendsetters (team motto: "Catch us if you can"). I'll be updating the league file later today with info from our two new franchises, so look for that in the "Sim Information box" if you want to keep your copy of the game up-to-date.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Looks like that did it... he just got a hold of me to let me know he'd like to join. Hopefully we'll have all 24 teams helmed by active human owners by the end of the day!
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Tyler »

This is Voltaire from LGT - I finally made it! I have also, sadly, had to cast aside the mantle of Voltaire for this league, as I take it y'all don't want a 300+ years dead French guy GMing a team.

And yowzers, do I have some expectations to live up to! Perfect candidate? Wow. Now I really can't finish in last. Dang...

Really looking forward to the season. Can't wait to get up and running. 8)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Denny »

Actually the perfect candidate would be one who lost regularly and did a lot of Bavasi-esque trading away of his best players, right? :D
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by John »

Welcome aboard, Tyler! Tyler is taking over the Miami Tropix. They'll be moving to Clarksburg, WV. The new official moniker for the team is the "West Virginia Coal Sox" (based on a short-lived Frontier League team from 1993).

With Tyler's arrival, every team is now helmed by an owner who has confirmed for the draft. Assuming everyone shows up to make their picks and/or prepares a draft list, each franchise should have a fair shot at success out of the gates. It's going to be an exciting start on Saturday!
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Tyler »

Codgers wrote:Actually the perfect candidate would be one who lost regularly and did a lot of Bavasi-esque trading away of his best players, right? :D
I'll trade you that Pat Lilly guy for cash. :grin:

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”