Congratulations

Alan Ehlers

Congratulations

#1 Post by Alan Ehlers »

Gloucester Fishermen ,New Jersey Hitmen, Arlington Bureaucrats ,New Orleans Trendsetters, Palm Springs Codgers , Crystal Lake Sandgnats Bakersfield Bears and Aurora Borealis for a great job in reaching the playoffs. Tempe plans on being there next year so one of you will have to go LOL. Best of luck in the playoffs and great job
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

Thanks Chris! :D Congratulations indeed to all the playoff teams. I'm really looking for the show to kick off Monday night. There are some great match-ups out there, and with a short best-of-5 series looming... anything's possible.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

I'd like to extend a special congratulations to the Gloucester Fisherman for crushing the spirit of Anthracite Nation. The beginnings of a rivalry I sense... :evil:

:lol:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Ooooh, I like the sound of a Coal Sox-Fishermen rivalry! The new Gloucester owners seem very into their team, so the opportunity for a little "friendly hatred" are ripe. :grin:
Sandgnats (Bill)

Re: Congratulations

#5 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Knights wrote:Gloucester Fishermen ,New Jersey Hitmen, Arlington Bureaucrats ,New Orleans Trendsetters, Palm Springs Codgers , Crystal Lake Sandgnats Bakersfield Bears and Aurora Borealis for a great job in reaching the playoffs. Tempe plans on being there next year so one of you will have to go LOL. Best of luck in the playoffs and great job
Thanks Chris!
I have to give you kudos as well. A 20 game improvement whether you win 30 games or 100 games is no small feat. So, awesome job! It is much, much easier to improve when you have money to do it. You are the GM of a team that had a $5.0 M media revenue for 2008($27 M less than the largest team in the league). You have the smallest market team in PEBA and somehow won 20 more games than the previous year. That is astounding!

While on the subject-John, hats off go to you. You improved 25 games in one year and did it in the toughest division in PEBA. In one word-WOW!You should be incredibly proud of what you accomplished!

Also, congrats to West Virginia! You were hammered with untimely injuries and still managed to win 90 games. Very nicely done! I have been in fantasy baseball leagues(it's almost a crime to call PEBA a fantasy baseball league) for about 20 years and I have missed playoffs by a game or two several times. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but instead of beating yourself up, be proud of what you accomplished! Do what you can to improve for 2009 and don't take even a single game for granted. You never know-the Coal Sox could be holding the Rodriguez Cup come October in 2009! :grin:

Good luck to all 8 playoff teams! A personal note to Palm Springs:
You can beat us in the playoffs again, but at least don't shut us out in back to back games! :-P We need our dignity in Crystal Lake! :oops:
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Ghosts »

gotta give props to the knights and the fishermen.

especially the knights: that was a burning hulk of a franchise not one year ago.

good job!
Alan Ehlers

Thanks for the compliment about my team

#7 Post by Alan Ehlers »

Im gald my team improved and next year we are shooting for .500 then the playoffs that was my plan ntially when zi started. I have to thank John and Matt for helping me a lot while I learned the intracies of the game

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”