Total votes: 7

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Horse’s Mouth: As September trots in prices rise

#1 Post by Duane »

Thoroughbreds News
by Rusty Nobbs, Bluegrass Roundup

September 7, 2008: Lexington, KY – The inevitable happens – September comes, the purple Martins leave Lexington, mosquitoes return to Churchill 1 sending the fans back to their homesteads, and Poop-Scoopin comes to a screeching halt leaving Ignacio Lopes and his new partner Josh Emery without morning duty. Ahhh but the ever so creative Lopes has the idea of ideas. He decides to decorate the main entrance walkway, with what appears to be the day’s menu. Each new day now has both players on hands and knees with pails of sidewalk chalk at their sides, scribing out the items, prices, a so-called sketch of the item, and which area of the stadium you may find the tasty morsels. Is this art? Is this graffiti? Is this simply a waste of time since the fans have stopped coming to watch the birds that have exited stage left??? Maybe it isn’t as important as what the front office has done …

As I briefly mentioned (well it’s in the title), the ticket prices have been raised from $11.00 to $12.00 in an effort to maintain a positive cash flow for the season. With the fans not coming in record numbers any longer, the cash reserves have begun to dwindle. All is not well in Kentucky. Rumors are swirling about the financial situation (again) and the potential moves that Kentucky may be forced to make whilst being held hostage by camp Takaki and his ridiculous contract. Still the faithful have continued their daily prayer sessions asking for divine intervention in assisting Takaki down the path of retirement. If Takaki does not retire we here in Lexington may be forced to say goodbye to another favorite as we did so often last year. Or will Takaki see the light and leave the struggling franchise?

Rumors:
1. Dustin Breedveld will not be re-signed. No big loss here, he gave us nothing
2. Barry Murdock is happy. Unknown. Are we having 2 full moons this month? Maybe the recent success has gone to his head, or that it appears he may be traded to a team with deep pockets so he may indulge is life long desire for a league of midnight races in the nude.
3. Josh Emery wants to test the water. True. At this time Josh has refused to consider negotiating since he has been unhappy all season at his various stops and pending fighting pigeons case. It has also been reported that Josh is not happy with having to replicate a version of the daily menu on the main entrance walkway with playground chalk. He has been heard sounding off about Lopes getting his way in everything. Jealousy?
4. Dan the Animal Hankins wants to be traded to a winning team. True. Who doesn’t? Dan is not pleased with the decision to go with a 6-man rotation through the 2nd half of 2008. But then again he was a reject who found a home in Kentucky and signed a 4 year deal to stay here. Did he forget his lithium this week?
5. AA Parma’s roster will remain intact for the 2009 season. False. There is no way GM Rudis will hold back the standouts of this team when AAA and ML are in dire need. The real interesting news here will be how he handles the SSA and A pitching prospects.
6. Ignacio Lopes is looking for new poop-scoopin equipment. True. He has placed an ad in multiple papers and magazines, including Guns and Ammo, Spy Monthly, AKC newsletter, American Audobon Society, and on Crains List (or was that his personal ad?). If Emery really does test the Free-Agent waters who will be Lopes new poop-scoopin partner? Hopefully not a nude Barry Murdock! Although if Christina Milan were to offer her services I think we all would enjoy poop time at Churchill 1. Who’s her agent???
7. Owner Bill has entered AA (or is that SSA?) False. Are you serious? Bill admit he has a problem? Please, go waste someone else’s time. Bill has been spending much of this Summer’s free time in West Virginia at the Girls softball and Field Hockey tryout camps. Believe me on this one, I was there with Mr. Bill!!!

Well whatever the outcome for the above mentioned, it really has been an enjoyable mosquito-less season here in Lexington. Fans we very appreciative of the pleasant atmosphere and slightly improved talent on the field. Hopefully Ignacio’s translation of the menu will entice the local food critics and coinsures to enjoy some tasty treats during the last few games of the season. It has been a ride worth taking, and we wish GM Rudis the best of luck in convincing Takaki to retire, signing Emery and/or moving Murdock. Oh, I almost forgot …. Bill get back to work, we need some money in Lexington!!!
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Duane »

I would like to add that I think John is an absolute genius. He takes our ideas and finds the creative links to make the stories not only complete but ever so entertaining. If there is any doubt, check out the links John added to this (and the other stories) on the Home page
Kudos John ... Thanks for being so passionate about this league! :grin:
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Thank you Duane... it is my pleasure. This league is my passion and I'll do whatever I can to make it the most fun my owners can have (legally).

:wave:
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Maulers »

Thoroughbreds wrote:I would like to add that I think John is an absolute genius. He takes our ideas and finds the creative links to make the stories not only complete but ever so entertaining. If there is any doubt, check out the links John added to this (and the other stories) on the Home page
Kudos John ... Thanks for being so passionate about this league! :grin:
That's for sure - John is the greatest. That said, soon enough throwing in Tony Torres on the Wilson Berry-Yamauchi trade is going to come back to bite him in the ass. :grin:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

We need to get a website registered: www.freetonytorres.com :idea:
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Duane »

we need votes people ... trying to make a decision
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Duane »

so far the 6 who have voted come to the same conclusion as we do ... indecisive :cry:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Duane »

No new votes?
Doesn't anyone care what the future holds for the lovable Kentucky Thoroughbreds??? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Well, you seem to have a majority in favor of trading Murdock. Of course that's likely because other teams would love a shot at him. Are you sure you want to listen to these vultures? ;)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Duane »

I am burried in 2 jobs and being a dad, and very very tired ... advice is what I seek :-o :-o :-o Then I will meet with Bill after the season and decide in which direction we are to travel. :shock:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “League News and Articles”