Remember about Arbitration

Alan Ehlers

#1 Post by Alan Ehlers »

I have a few players who I am going to release who are arbitration eligible at the end of the season who I am not going to resign anyway. I just want to remind the league that if there are players eligible for arbitration and you do not want them anymore make sure you release them so you dont get stuck with their contract. For a small market team like mine it is critical I dont get hit hard in arbitration so I am going to be doing some cutting pretty soon.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

Very good advice. As the Knights indicate, you can release an arbitration-eligible player any time between the end of the regular season and the arrival of arbitration and not have any further financial responsibility for him. If you're concerned about a particular player's pending arbitration award and can't find a taker in trade, releasing him outright before arbitration arrives is the next best option.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#3 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Ahhh, you have until November. There's plenty of PEBA time to wheel and deal those players away and get something in return.

Good advice nontheless. I have one piece of advice since we're on the subject of losing players. Watch your minor leaguers and make sure the good one's have not been in the minors for 6 years. After 6 years in the minors, they can file for free agency. We lost a few decent minor league players last season and had to give them major league deals to get them back. Just another OOTP thing to remember. :D

...and we all thought being a GM would be easy :evil:
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Apollos »

Could you send me a list of those players?

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”