OOTP 9 news: New patch and upcoming discount

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by John »

The exact real-world date is yet to be determined, but it should be sometime in the month of October.
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

OOTP9 Reviews

#17 Post by Cole »

Here are a couple useful reviews of OOTP9.

Gamespot

GameSpy
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by John »

Markus (OOTP's developer) has announced that a new OOTP 9 patch will be released in the near future. 9.0.17 will mostly be bug fixes and current feature tweaks, so nothing terribly sexy (although personally I'm glad to hear the focus is on bug fixes). There will be a small number of new features coming in, however, including one I've been waiting for with great anticipation. Here's the word straight from Markus:
Hey guys,

there will be a couple of new features in the upcoming patch:

- Ability to set the starting pitcher in the 7 day lineups
- In the player strategy screen added the ability to force a player to start at a certain position in the depth charts. This is useful when you want to teach a player a new position in the minor leagues for example.
- Ability to edit the number of rounds in the inaugural draft

I am also looking to improve the PbP, but can't say yet what exactly will be improved in that area.
Being able to set the SP in the 7-day lineups... sweeeeeet. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to have that feature.

This patch should be released before we migrate to OOTP 9 and it will likely be the version we begin play with, so make sure to grab it when it comes out. I'll announce its release here.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#19 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

I ran into that a lot as well. I'm looking very forward to using the rotation in the 7 day lineups. Woo Hoo! Way to go Markus! :grin:
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Tyler »

Wow. The starting pitcher ability is huge. Huge huge huge huge. Like, worth a new version itself. :grin:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#21 Post by John »

A small but meaningful addition to the upcoming OOTP 9 patch was just mentioned by Markus. Starting with the upcoming patch, your available cash will factor into your pool for player extensions. Previous cash on hand was only useful for signing free agents. This could lead to odd situations where you wouldn't be able to afford to extend a player but you could afford him once he left your team and became a free agent. This change will fix that, allowing you to use your cash reserves to keep the player from ever leaving your team.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”