OOTP 9 news: New patch and upcoming discount

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

OOTP 9 news: New patch and upcoming discount

#1 Post by John »

OOTP 9 has been updated to version 9.1.0. If you've already purchased the game, I recommend upgrading right away. There are a huge number of things improved in this update. You'll find download links here (I recommend grabbing the full version installer rather than just the executable) and a list of what's new here.

For those of you who haven't purchased OOTP 9 yet, there will be a sale on the game next week. I don't know when exactly it will start or what the sale price will be, but I'll update this post with details when they're released. All PEBA owners will need a copy of OOTP 9 when PEBA eventually converts to that platform, so if you haven't already purchased it then next week would be a great time to do so.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

question...

#2 Post by Ghosts »

how do i get to play around with OOTP 9 with our current league file?

i take it i press "import ootp 7/8 game" on the main menu? if so, what is the name/location of the file i should import?

thanks!
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Reg »

from the opening menu there is an option to import a saved game from ootp2007/8, choose that option go through the directory until you find the saved games with the world.dat file in it..it should be in data/saved_games/peba and then find the file, it was at the very bottom of my list
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Ghosts »

Trendsetters wrote:from the opening menu there is an option to import a saved game from ootp2007/8, choose that option go through the directory until you find the saved games with the world.dat file in it..it should be in data/saved_games/peba and then find the file, it was at the very bottom of my list

thanks!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

I have two OOTP 9 updates; one about yet another patch and one about that sale I mentioned:
  • OOTP 9 has again been patched, this time to version 9.1.2. This new patch fixes a couple bugs that slipped into the last version.
  • OOTP 9 will be on sale all week - $10 off! If you haven't purchased the game yet, this is the week to do so.
You can find details about both the sale and the patch (as well as download links) by reading the latest OOTP Newsletter.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Maulers »

Ok- Here's a truly stupid question. I've been using the HTML version of the game this entire time, but I've now got OOTP 9. I would love to be able to access some of the features that you guys have been using all along. Is it possible for me to import the current league file into OOTP 9?

Realize that I have no idea what a saved games file is, where to look for a world.dat file, etc. I'm beyond clueless - can anyone provide a clue for me?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Once you download the league file, extract it to a temporary folder. Load OOTP 9 and select "Import OOTP 2007 / 8 Game" from the main menu. In the window that pops up, browse to the temporary folder you extracted the files to and click on the highlighted "world.dat" file. That's all you need to do!
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Maulers »

Thanks, John. Now, by "extract" do you mean that the file has to be unzipped? Or is this just a fancy way of saying that I should save the League File in a temporary folder when I download it?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Yes, you'll want to "unzip" it, though be careful: you can't use WinZip to do it (a popular extraction program). If you need a program to extract the league file, I suggest WinRAR. The trial version is free and there are both PC and Mac versions available.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Maulers »

Many thanks, John. I'll let you know how it goes!
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Maulers »

Ok- so everything worked great with downloading and extracting the file and importing it into OOTP 9. However, it gets to 50% on the loading of the game and I get "runtime error" and the program shuts down. Does anybody have any ideas?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by John »

Hmm, that's less than positive. I'm afraid I'm stumped on that one. My suggestion would be to head to the OOTP 9 Technical Support forum and run a search for your issue. Maybe others have experienced it and there's some guidance on how to deal with it.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Ghosts »

Maulers wrote:Ok- so everything worked great with downloading and extracting the file and importing it into OOTP 9. However, it gets to 50% on the loading of the game and I get "runtime error" and the program shuts down. Does anybody have any ideas?
is it possible that this is related to the fact that you never "ran" an ootp game in 8, but just used the internet version? in my very little knowledge of computer (and much greater knowledge of screwing up PEBA files) it seems OOTP 9 could be in a "loop" (is that technical enough for you!) of some sort looking for a file that is created by running OOTB 8 -- a file that you don't have. hence, it times out because it can't complete whatever it needs in order to do the entire import.

this is a WILD GUESS (as if you couldn't tell), but i'd inquire at the forums about whether the fact that you never actually owned/ran OOTP 7 or 8 could impact this process for OOTP 9.

in which case, maybe loading a new file (like we had to do with OOTB 7 and 8 ) instead of importing it is the way to go.

hopefully this helps, or at least doesn't muddle the issue for you further.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#14 Post by Maulers »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try loading a new file rather than importing it and see what happens. I've been poking around a bit on the OOTP forums also.
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#15 Post by Cole »

When is the league updating to OOTP9?
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”